Visit the MisCon Store to register
(Only full weekend registrations can be purchased online in advance.)
We've already printed badges for attendees who pre-registered before May 7. These pre-registered attendees can just proceed to the Pre-Reg Area at the hotel front entry, pick up their badges, and come have fun.
This year we've opened up a new way to make on-site registration faster: Early Sign In. Just Sign In and register. You can choose to pay right away, or you can pay when you arrive at MisCon. Either way, when you show up at the hotel front doors, skip the Pre-Reg table and head to the Registration table on the right. We'll whip up your badge and get you inside. Please remember to skip the Pre-Reg table!
MisCon Convention Membership Rules
DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE!
MisCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, capability, physical appearance, body type, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of MisCon participants in any form.
- Harassment includes:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording.
- The sustained disruption of MisCon or other events, uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical contact or attention.
- Creating an unpleasant or hostile situation especially by annoying or bothering someone in a persistent or repeated way.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If they don't, they will be ejected from MisCon.
Cosplay is not Consent: people in costumes are not asking for unwanted attention. They are people, not the character they portray. Please treat with them with the same respect you'd give any other attendee.
If you are being harassed or have other concerns, please contact a member of the convention staff or hotel staff and ask to be put in touch with Justin Barba (MisCon Chair), Amy Farrington (MisCon Vice Chair), or Henry Edwards (MisCon Security Director).
- General policies:
- All persons on the hotel grounds must either be paying hotel guests or convention attendees.
- All convention attendees must display a MisCon badge at all times.
- An adult must accompany children under age 12 at all times, including during Kids' activities.
- Please obey local, state, and federal laws as well as hotel policies.
- Do not touch or photograph any artwork.
- The pool, hot tub, sauna, and workout rooms are only available to guests of the hotel during posted hours of operation.
- Obtain permission from the MisCon Info Table prior to posting signs at the convention and register room parties with Security.
- Be kind to the venue. MisCon wants to return for years to come.
- You can use an airsoft gun, a real sword, or other real weapon as a costume prop. Airsoft guns must be empty of ammunition.
- You can NOT use a real firing firearm as a costume prop.
- No exposed weapons (all weapons must be sheathed and peace-bonded).
- Do not swing or wave around any weapon or prop weapon (or anything else).
- Do not hit anyone with your weapon or prop weapon (or anything else).
- If your costume includes a real OR prop weapon, report to MisCon Staff at various locations, including the Registration Table, Info Table, or any Security member around the convention.
- MisCon Security will peace bond your weapon/prop weapon by banding it with a zip tie. This zip tie will not prevent you from violating our weapon policy, but it indicates to MisCon Staff that Security has gone over the weapon policy with you.
- Costume Rules
- If your costume includes makeup or hair dye, please be considerate of the convention hotel and do not cause unnecessary cleanup in hotel rooms and bathrooms. Clean up after yourself.
- The hotel does not allow any nudity, including exposed nipples. Genitals must be covered. This applies to everyone with no exceptions.
- Alcohol & Smoking
- Alcohol purchased at the Holiday Inn is allowed in public spaces after 5pm, as long as it does not disrupt the convention.
- No outside alcohol consumption is allowed in public spaces. Alcohol in private rooms must stay in private rooms. The hotel will eject anyone who violates this policy.
- Smoking is not allowed indoors by Montana state law. There are clearly marked designated smoking areas for your convenience.
- Lost & Found
- Report or turn in lost items to the hotel front desk.
- MisCon is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Questions & Information
- Stop by the Information Table in the middle of the Atrium or direct questions to MisCon staff.
Everyone who is participating in the Writer's Workshop should preregister for MisCon. The space in the Writer's Workshop is limited and the deadline is April 16th. If you have any questions please contact Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MisCon 32 Registration Desk Hours of Operation
- Friday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Monday 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Preregistration for MisCon 32
We recommend pre-reregistering for MisCon as the number of attendees may be limited. Please remember registration will be non-refundable. You may transfer your registration to another year, but registration cannot be transferred to another individual or refunded.
Please contact us at email@example.com.