MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Masquerade]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2005
  • $30 after May 1, 2005


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/16/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, DAMON SEBESTIN, BOB NORTON, AND JOE TAYLOR

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: Art chair is now Heidi Wiseley.
    • ART: nothing to report
    • MERCHANTS: Lady Jane is not coming to this years Con, and we don't currently know why. Betsy Mott is paid and will be here.
    • GAMING: Waiting on LAN guy as to how many tables are needed. Greg Schneider wants to put on a one day (4hr) murder mystery LARP (possibly Sunday night). Damon will demo Pirates Saturday from 12:00-14:00. Wiz Kids may help with prize support if we organize a tournament.
    • WRITERS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
    • TREASURER: Getting checks in
    • VIDEO: nothing to report
    • SECURITY: All measurements done for Utilikilts, except Bill A. We must radio check ear buds and radios. Map of the hotel is sectioned. Nick needs to talk to John from Ace to see if he will make armbands on his upholstery machine. Damon is talking to Big Sky Embroidery to see how much patches will run.
    • REGISTRATION: We officially do not have a registration chair. Badge categories - One with colored tape. We must test this idea with tape through the laminator before con. Matt Brugge may be helping with registration.
    • HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
    • PROGRAMMING/WEB: need more panel ideas
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy will contact Pyramid Printing, Staples, etc about "Cthulhu Cash". There will be a max of twenty dollars given out to any one volunteer.
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon is sending a press release to all papers.
  • Department task checklists still need to be developed by all dept. chairs. Eventually Bob L. wants a notebook which will be like an "Operations Handbook", organized and updated. It should outline everything that would ever be needed to run your dept.
  • Think of the theme and the guests you would like to see at next years convention. We will find out how much a “year book esque” program would cost.
  • Inter-Con relations: Log any time you volunteer at RadCon.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • There was a vote on whether the Con should purchase the video camera through Ace hardware. A vote was put up and unanimously passed. Nick will order next week.
  • Community involvement: We have telethon for KUFM. They are asking for two hour blocks. The Telethon goes from April 2-10
    • Nick, Joy, Bob, Bob, and Joe would like April 8th from 20:00-22:00
    • Damon would like April 3rd from 20:00-22:00
Top Of This Page
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.