MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/02/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, DAMON SEBESTIN, BOB NORTON, JOE TAYLOR, STEPHANIE BERGER, MATT BRUGGE, AND ANDREA COYLE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 1745 by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: nothing to report
- ART: Heidi is trying to contact Boris Vallejo. She has already contacted NeNe Thomas. The art room map is finished.
- MERCHANTS: The Merchants room map is complete, and is wheel chair compliant. There is a large amount of table room. More merchants are contacting MisCon for vending info, and registering.
- GAMING: There will be two LARPs at MisCon this year. We are receiving quite a few E-mails from gamers. Edgar will be running “Car Wars” at MisCon this year. A group is coming from Seattle to run and play RPGA’S. There is also a great chance we will have a “never ending dungeon” thanks to Matt B..
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: $311.77 was deposited into the bank (two more memberships arrived). The Con will buy the kilts outright, and security will pay the Con back before the start of the con. The Con will also be covering the shipping costs of the kilts as it is asking security to buy their own kilts to volunteer in. Bob L. and John the treasurer (John Drake) need to sign the bank papers.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: The camera for the vendors’ room is ordered and will show up Monday. We still need to do a radio check, and look into ear buds. There was discussion of possibly having people buy their own as ear wax is a possible issue. Asps were discussed again. A consensus is that security will have two members on each shift carrying them and only certified people. We still need to find out about MisCon Security patches (how much/per each).
- REGISTRATION: Bob L. explained to Matt B. how registration works.
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: merchants map will be online. Nick had a panel idea: What is a B-Movie?
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: volunteer E-mail from Shawn Olson. No progress on volunteer vouchers.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: The Independent ad is still incorrect as to meeting times. Damon has received responses from schools and community calendars in different cities.
Top Of This Page
- For all those who went to RadCon, please e-mail your volunteer hours to Bob L.
- Andrea Coyle expressed interest in assisting with the masquerade this year. Bob explained how it is supposed to work. He also brought up the necessity to advertise so that we will have participants this year.
- In case you missed it, this year we will have a “hall” costume contest. Bob N. will post info about it on the web.
- Community involvement: We are giving away two free passes as premiums. We have telethon for KUFM. Joe, Damon, and Bob L. possibly Stephanie will answer phones on April 4 from 2200-2400; Nick, Joy, Bob L. Bob N. and maybe Damon will answer phones from 2000-2200 on April 8.
- There is talk of auctioning off badge #1 with special art on it.
- Security meeting will be next Saturday 3/12/05 @ Nick and Joy’s house, @ 1730