MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/13/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, STEPHANIE BERGER AND MIKE ROE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:10 p.m. by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department reports:
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. has all the info on the banners and also the “write ups” for Damon to put up around the mall. He has purchased the plane tickets for the GOHs. Shirts have been confirmed and ordered. Trivia contest questions will be distributed around town soon. 20 each to Muse, Gallant Games, World Games, Barnes & Noble and The Book Exchange.
- ART: Steven Paul Carlson (www. legendarycreations.com) is sending enough art to fill about 5 to 7 flats. Sandra Santara has her art now. We need to frame the original artwork from Mike Conrad to auction off.
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: nothing to report
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: John Dalmas is officially retired from writers workshop.
- TREASURER: $340.75 – Paul Lawrence ticket (also $15.00 for flight protection) has itinerary and everything is in order. $409.25 – Mike Conrad ticket ($15.00 extra) has itinerary—might have extra fees for heavy bags. $350.75 – Dragon ticket ($15.00 extra) has itinerary etc. Bob L. will be writing a check to MisCon for what was left after purchasing tickets. We need to figure out a time to meet with John Drake. Bob L. made more copies of flyers.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: NO RUNNING UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY – Walk briskly instead. At the last meeting we washed kilts, practiced codes, etc. Nick is working on the security project for the “book” and also another paper to hand out to any security personnel. Arm bands are going to be $2 - $3 with the URL under the logo.
- REGISTRATION: Bob L. has paperwork for Matt B. Badge categories will be – color dot or strip for “day” and different badge art for different badge categories which will be figured out at a later date.
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Bob L. gave free passes to Stephanie to distribute.
- MASQUERADE: Need to shop around for prizes soon.
- Seven different cons in the Northwest received free passes.
- Frank Wu will most definitely be our artist guest of honor (at least one of them) for next year and is already starting on artwork for our theme.
- Bob L. called Samuel R. Delaney and left a message on his answering machine. Steve Jackson is checking his calendar and calling Bob back.
- We want to make absolutely sure we have a DVD playback system for Paul Lawrence (panels and sales table).
- REMINDER ABOUT SECURITY MEETING SAT. APRIL 23rd, THE HUNTER’S HOUSE, 6:30 P.M.