MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/20/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:19 p.m. by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department reports:
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. will be writing a check to MisCon for $299.25 which was left over after paying for plane tickets. We have an artist for next year and we need a writer. Alan Clark and Steve Jackson are also still possibilities for guests next year.
- ART: No art has arrived yet.
- MERCHANTS: The room is filling in. The hours for the merchants room will be posted on the web site soon. Chuck Bordell bought one table. We need to deposit his check.
- GAMING: nothing to report
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: We received another submission. The times for writers workshop have been determined. They are Friday 8 pm and Saturday 6 pm.
- TREASURER: Checks that just came in: $100.00 from Reid Jones and $179.00 from Nick Hunter.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: Reminder: there is a meeting at the Hunter’s house on Sat. 4/23 at 6:30
- REGISTRATION: Everything is moving along well.
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: We’re getting a good start at working on the schedule (early this year). Need more panel ideas and topics. Might need small group to sit down and help hash out the schedule ahead of time.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: The “4 up” of the registration form that was created will be altered slightly and then sent back to Damon. An email from Scott Schwartz was presented and discussed somewhat. He would like to come to MisCon as a guest sometime. Need to revisit this opportunity and discuss it more in the future. Spoke about Bob L.’s interview with KTMF during a morning in May closer to MisCon.
- MASQUERADE: Need to shop around for prizes soon.
- Discussed the possibility of having the SCA take a few free passes to their “wars” to get people to visit MisCon from many other areas.
- Need to call Steve Jackson and Samuel Delaney again very soon.
- We need to create some posters or signs (some type of advertising) for next years attractions. (Video contest, Hall costume contest, Masquerade, etc.)
- We want to make absolutely sure we have a DVD playback system for Paul Lawrence (panels and sales table). When we go to meet Nathan’s replacement at Ruby’s (and possibly have a short meeting with him about MisCon) we need to remember to ask about this.