MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/27/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON & JOE TAYLOR.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department reports:
- CONCHAIR: nothing to report
- ART: nothing to report
- MERCHANTS: One more person paid.
- GAMING: Reaper guy might come and do a game or two in the gaming room. Still going to contact LAN guy (in Helena). There are a lot of games and even more going to be set up soon.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: The deadline has come and gone. We received a few more submissions and things are moving along well. We are still waiting for Sparky’s to arrive. Need to split authors up for sessions soon. Discussion about possible publishing of a small book with the Writers Workshop submissions and selling at MisCon. Would make good memorabilia for con and good advertisement of the Writers Workshop.
- TREASURER: Damon paid $112.50 for kilt. Only need $48.50 from Reid for kilt (money order will be coming soon).
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: At the meeting on Sat. we discussed money transfers during con between hospitality, registration, etc. with security personnel. Still need to do more practicing of codes with everyone. Need ear bud checks and list of who needs them and what will be compatible.
- REGISTRATION: Everything is moving along well. More registrations are trickling in.
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: Need to know what Hospiltality’s hours will be to post on the web and to get in the program book. Need to get together to discuss Mike Conrad’s panel ideas. They need some explanation. Also thinking about doing 2 autograph sessions.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Bob L. needs to get a hold of Kevin Plasmir at Clear Channel Radio to do his radio spots in May.
- MASQUERADE: Chris Blazer emailed again and said she would be buying stuff (costume bits and pieces, makeup stuff, etc.) and keeping the receipts. We decided on about a hundred dollar budget for masquerade. Bob L. sent out letters requesting any donations for prizes. Who is going to judge the masquerade? We need to figure this out soon. Possibly having our artist guest be the MC since he is apparently very good at it and enjoys doing it.
- We might need a slide projector for certain panels & presentations.
- We need to create some posters or signs (some type of advertising) for next year’s attractions. (Video contest, Hall costume contest, Masquerade, etc.)
- The hotel has the TV for Paul Lawrence but we need to remember to bring a DVD player.
- We talked about the BBQ and the possibility of doing some BBQ for hospitality food to sell during con.