MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
05/26/05 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM AT RUBY’S INN (THE BOARDROOM)
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, JOE TAYLOR, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, MIKE ROE, HEIDI & SCOTT WISELEY, CHRIS BLAZER, EARL SMITH, MATT BRUGGE & GENE MEALEY (FROM REALMS OF AVALON).
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Tomorrow is the first day of the con. We need to make sure all of our last minute stuff is done.
- ART: Kevin Brockschmidt had to cancel. There are 24 panels sold so far. There will be some set up tonight of art boards.
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: The schedule is done and it will be printed up tomorrow.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: nothing to report
- VIDEO: We will have Neil Timmons doing Rocky Horror at midnight on Saturday (he is advertising it). Very good movie schedule – goes with theme well.
- SECURITY: There is a meeting/walk thru after this meeting. Radios are okay and earbuds we’re okay on also. The plexiglass is here and Nick will be attaching the video camera onto it tonight. The riot shield is done – battering ram is done. Zip ties for peace bonding were purchased tonight. We need to make sure there will be an AV cart for the security room with tv/vcr.
- REGISTRATION: Almost all set up. Matt needs to finish a few more things. He needs a list of names for all concom, pros and gohs that need badges ahead of time.
- HOSPITALITY: Everything is going good. Reminder: bring white boards.
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: The program books are done. The t-shirts are done. We need to print up signs (for any and all advertising). We need to decide about the BBQ and then make signs for that. We really need to be advertising that since it is something new. 5 yrs to 12 yrs = $4.00 13 & older = $6.00 4 & under = free
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- MASQUERADE: Chris is here....YEA!! There are tubs of costuming stuff in Chris’ truck for contestants to go through and borrow for the masquerade. She also picked up stuff for give away and yard sale. She printed the certificates and she bought prizes and some were donated.
- Concom - Who wants to be on concom next year? We will talk more about this next wed.
- Do any departments need anything? Please email Bob or Nick if you do.
- Ideas for next year’s theme - family reunion or scrapbook program book - baby pics as well as adult pics for pros and gohs bios - maybe have a "nerds & jocks" section set up - etc.