MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
01/04/06 6:05 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JESS CONRAD, EARL SMITH AND CATHERINE DAVENPORT.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- RadCon: We’re getting closer to figuring out the room situation and the party. Bob L. sent an email to Shawn.
- We assessed Joe’s 2005 Post–Con Thoughts:
- Recycling cans in “con-use” rooms
- Giving breakfast tokens to GM’s who run games (also Joe and Joy need to discuss a policy for Cthulhu Cash for the GM’s)
- Room 400 not needed on Monday (the boardroom is not either)
- Need to buy tie downs for the yellow truck to move con items
- Need to put merchandise on-line so people can purchase t-shirts, mugs, etc.
- We will be meeting with Willie the sales manager from Ruby’s on January 7, at 11:00 a.m. The intent is to do some hands-on figuring of the merchant’s room and the art room. All interested in coming along are welcome.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We are on track, however we still need the individual departments to finish their “how-to” books/write ups. We have a new member of the committee: Catherine Davenport
- ART: Policy is posted. 0 OR 2 bids go directly to auction. 1 bid goes to the bidder. We need to adjust and change the bid form before the con.
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: Joe has made a questionnaire for gamers, and will be sending a copy to Concom for review. The questionnaire needs to be put on the web.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Letters were mailed out on 01/02/06.
- TREASURER: Joy gave Bob L. the bank statement. US Bank looks to be the best for our purposes. Jess Conrad did some research and she will continue to look into banking options for us.
- VIDEO: Yeah Jeff!!!
- SECURITY: Laura from RadCon has arranged a special rate for all members of the MisCon Security team traveling over to volunteer in their security. She however needs names and money by 1/5/06. The extremely reliable team of MisCon Security has been voted upon and is, as of this moment, The Squid Squad. Thank you to all of you who voted.
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Vote for Laura for vice-chair of RadCon. You must pay your membership first, and then you can vote online.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report