MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
01/18/06 5:55 PM – 6:45 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, DAMON SEBESTIN, MATT BRUGGE, CATHERINE DAVENPORT AND GENE MEALEY.
- Meeting was called to order @ 5:55 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- We need to review the by-laws after Bob has made the revisions.
- Damon is working on the 501c3
- Bob L. needs statements and bank info for the past four years.
- On February 1st we need to review the budget requests that Loretta already has.
- Bob L. has secured a room at RadCon as of 1/18/06.
- The contract is ready to sign at the hotel.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We have a new Writers Workshop chair. Please Welcome Catherine Davenport. The P.O. Box fee is due. Also the renewal fee for the business is due.
- ART: The invites are sent out. Theresa Mather has sent her money. Betsy Mott has four panels. Willie at the hotel needs to give Heidi the room dimensions.
- MERCHANTS: A map has been made. The Fox Leather Co. info has been given to Jason.
- GAMING: nothing to report.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Catherine has read the instruction book for writers workshop.
- TREASURER: Joy gave Bob L. the bank statement.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: A meeting will be held on Wednesday the 25th of January. All Squid Squad must attend.
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: Matt showed ConCom the prototypes of the posters, fliers and business cards. They are great and everything is going well.
- WEB: Bob N. is creating a registration form on the web page just like the one you fill out at Con. (white/plain/black lines). Pay-Pal will print the registrant a receipt and also will save a receipt for our registration data base. This way Matt can have a badge all made up for them when the Con goer arrives.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: We need names of people in pictures, as well as more pictures of previous cons. As soon as the budget allows for some supplies for the collages, Joy will start working on them. We also may have a “name this con-goer” contest.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon has an end of month deadline for the 501c3. The DMV offers a license plate for non-profit organizations for the general public to purchase that we could get for next year. MisCon would receive some of the proceeds.
- MASQUERADE: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!!! The hallway costume contest needs to be advertised a great deal more as does the Masquerade. We first need to vote, next meeting if we want to rename the Masquerade. E.G. (costume pageant, costume extravaganza, etc.) We need to advertise with a GIANT poster at RadCon as well as at registration.