MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/01/06 6:05 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, MATT BRUGGE, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, JESS CONRAD AND JOE TAYLOR..
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- We need to review the by-laws after Bob has made the revisions.
- Damon is working on the 501c3
- Bob L. needs statements and bank info for the past four years from the treasurer.
- Bob L. also needs the department budgets from the treasurer.
- Regional Cons – Bob L. has secured a room at RadCon. He will be giving away some items at the room party.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We are pretty much on track. The hotel contract has been signed. It is $850 a day for con space. The P.O. Box is renewed and the business fee paid. That is our “Certificate of Existence”. It’s just nice to exist sometimes, isn’t it?
- ART: LA Williams paid for his panels. Heidi still needs the room dimensions. The Vice Art Chair (Tyson) is looking for “dice” buttons or beads to sew onto the quilt he is making to be auctioned or raffled at con. (More than likely it will be raffled, either way we need to remember to make signs about it.)
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: The questionnaire has been given to Bob L. Joe is going to RadCon and hopefully will be recruiting some game masters there.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: April 30th is the deadline. Catherine needs to remember to contact Diana Pharaoh Francis about being involved with Writer’s Workshop this year.
- TREASURER: Jess will try her best at being Treasurer and also Vice Registration Chair, while Loretta will be Vice Treasurer and also “help” with Registration. Bob L. deposited checks for 2 registrations and LA Williams check.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: The meeting went well. We went over lots of internal paperwork. We will be having a monthly Security meeting until con. There are currently 8 S.S. members and that will be 10 if Laura H. and Jason from RadCon join the S.S. We’re still looking for volunteers to be on the Mook Squad. We have had a couple people who want to join M.S. but we always need more.
- REGISTRATION: Matt almost has the brochures done. He has the Writer’s Workshop posters done. All the posters will be 11 x 17. We still need to rework the program and see if we can use the RadCon program. If not Jason C. might be able to write a program for what we need. Catherine is willing to take a look at the RadCon program and try to make it work for Matt.
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: Matt still needs a MisCon 19 program book from Bob L. He needs to bring a preliminary schedule and a program book format to next meeting.
- WEB: Bob N. needs the map to the merchants room with table layout.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: We need names of people in pictures, as well as more pictures of previous cons. As soon as the budget allows for some supplies for the collages, Joy will start working on them. We also may have a “name this con-goer” contest. Catherine suggested to have the pictures for the collages printed on-line for 10 cents a piece (or for 15 cents at Target and a long wait in line). She will email us that website.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- MASQUERADE: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! We need to vote on a new name for the Masquerade. Next meeting we could rename the Masquerade so everyone needs to be thinking about different name concepts. E.G. (costume pageant, costume extravaganza, etc.)