MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/08/06 6:00 PM – 7:10 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, JESS CONRAD AND DAMON SEBESTIN.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- We need to review the by-laws. Has anyone read them?
- Damon is working on the 501c3
- Bob L. needs statements and bank info for the past four years from the treasurer.
- Bob L. also needs the department budgets from the treasurer.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: nothing to report
- ART: We received the intent form and money from Sara Clemens for 2 panels. Heidi needs the dimensions ASAP.
- MERCHANTS: We more than likely will be losing Jason to a Washington college before MisCon. The map with table layout still needs to be created.
- GAMING: Bob N. has the questionnaire and it will be going up on the website.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: The Writer’s Workshop will take place Friday and Saturday between 6 and 8p.m. in the boardroom (same as last year).
- TREASURER: We have a new Treasurer. His name is Erik Welton. We are still waiting on info from previous treasurers to finish the 501c3.
- VIDEO: Jeff has contacted other cons about how they handle their video etiquette.
- SECURITY: The security form is up and running on the website. There will be a link on the volunteer’s page soon. We currently have 2 possible Mooks and 1 Mook from Bob L. The next scheduled security meeting is Saturday February 11th 2006 @ 7p.m. held at Nick and Joy Hunter’s house.
- REGISTRATION: Jess is going to make a database for pre-registrations.
- HOSPITALITY: Damon found a deal on an espresso machine. Rental for the weekend would cost $100. It comes with a grinder. We would have to buy the beans. Damon will see if Cravens will donate some to us. Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady.
- PROGRAMMING: Jess & Matt are working on the schedule. They need to contact Jason before he goes to WA to make a program.
- WEB: Bob N. sent an email to Jess’ Hotmail account which she received but she did not receive the Concom email. The pre-registrations will be on a database on the web. Bob N. still needs to make an interface to be able to search them. He needs the transaction I.D. on Paypal, so it’s not quite up and running just yet.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: We have one more NEW volunteer form. YEA!! Also all previous ones Joy needs to follow up on.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon needs to change the ad for MisCon in The Independent to say we now have “Weekly Meetings” instead of “Bi-Monthly Meetings”.
- MASQUERADE: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! Bob L. received an email from Chris. She has ideas about changing the name. We will probably just call it The Costume Contest. We need more/better costuming panels. More “from scratch” kind of panels and also more competent people willing to take charge of said panels.