MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Masquerade]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2006
  • $30 after May 1, 2006


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/15/06 6:05 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, JESS CONRAD, JOE TAYLOR, MATT BRUGGE AND DAMON SEBESTIN.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
  • Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
  • We need to review the by-laws. Has anyone read them? Joy and Nick have read them. Joy alerted Bob L. to a few typos and they talked about some wording.
  • Bob L. needs statements and bank info for the past four years from the treasurer.
  • Bob L. also needs the department budgets from the treasurer.
  • They will finish purchasing the party supplies for the RadCon Room Party tonight. - Also remember to tell RadCon that you’re with MisCon when volunteering.

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: Guest of Honor at MisCon 21 “Coming of Age” will be James Ernest of Cheap Ass Games.
    • ART: The dimensions: 11’2” W x 15’2” D. We still need to know how tall the ceiling is.
    • MERCHANTS: The map with table layout still needs to be created. Bob L. will set up a date & time to meet with Willie at the hotel and do a pre-set up of the merc’s room. Times that will work for most everyone: Sat. night, Tues. night and Thurs. afternoon or night.
    • GAMING: There is new stuff on the website. He’s starting to get games in. Joe will work on the schedule soon. Cat is interested in having a “try out” of her new Serenity Game and possibly run it at MisCon.
    • WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Catherine emailed Diana Pharaoh Francis.
    • TREASURER: We have a new Treasurer. His name is Erik Welton. We received all of Frank’s info. Still need Loretta’s and John’s. Erik is proposing some ideas to Bob.
    • VIDEO: nothing to report
    • SECURITY: The meeting went well. We went over general paperwork and also stuff for RadCon. We are sending a group of security to RadCon for Laura Hamilton. Gear was issued and must be returned. The security form is up and going so anyone can fill it out (hint, hint).
    • REGISTRATION: Jess & Matt did get internet up and going and they returned some emails of Bob L. (even though they were from last March). The database they are creating will be up and running for pre-registrations soon. (Bob L. – please see if RadCon has a program for “badges” and if we could “borrow” it.)
    • HOSPITALITY: Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady. We need to be able to contact Scott.
    • PROGRAMMING: All the posters, flyers, etc. are done. Matt made a one-sided form/flyer for Bob L. to take to RadCon. He is still working on scheduling (it’s an “ongoing process”). Matt has almost all the info he needs.
    • WEB: nothing to report
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon was working with Pepsi (So-Be) to see if we could get free or close to free product, but it’s too expensive. Maybe next year when we will be non-profit.
    • MASQUERADE: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! The Costume Contest. We will vote on the name at next meeting.
Top
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.