MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/22/06 5:55 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, JESS CONRAD, JOE TAYLOR, MATT BRUGGE, DAMON SEBESTIN AND GENE MEALEY.
- Meeting was called to order @ 5:55 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- We need to review the by-laws. Has anyone read them? Joy and Nick have read them. Joy alerted Bob L. to a few typos and she has given him a copy with the typos circled. Cate also has read them.
- We spent $176.05 on supplies for the RadCon room party. We took in $195.25 at the room party and also one membership and money for a t-shirt.
- The trivia contest questions have been emailed to everyone.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: RadCon was great (as always). Oh yeah, and FRANK WU IS GREAT! We picked up our author for 2007 – Jay Lake. The Dead Gentlemen Productions will be coming to our con! And more than likely in 2007 also. Our security team did great.
- ART: Heidi received a plan of RadCon’s art room however we will not be setting ours up in the same fashion. She attended the RadCon art auction and learned very much from just observing. The ceiling height of our art room is 7’91/2”.
- MERCHANTS: March 9th 2006 at 2p.m. is the meeting at the hotel with Willie. We received a check from a merchant at RadCon for tables and registration while there. Also Lady Jane will be coming to MisCon this year.
- GAMING: There have been 8 – 10 responses to questionnaire on website. Joe may use some extra art boards to put schedules up on in the gaming room.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: Joy has the bank statement but she needs to make a copy of it before giving it to Bob/Treasurer. Bob L. received Loretta’s stuff but not the check book which we will need to retrieve immediately. We still need John’s stuff and Bob can’t seem to get a hold of him.
- VIDEO: Bob L. needs to speak with Jeff. A representative from Moontower Pictures is here. Editor James McGahee wishes to do a partial documentary during MisCon and will speak to Bob L. more at length later.
- SECURITY: We need to set up a meeting fairly soon to discuss RadCon security stuff.
- REGISTRATION: The database is now started. Six or seven people’s preregistrations are completed. It is progressing well. RadCon’s badge/receipt was shown around to everyone. Probably not so efficient for us, but maybe we could put our “pocket program” on the badge/receipt or something that would be useful.
- HOSPITALITY: Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady. We need to be able to contact Scott.
- PROGRAMMING: Matt is getting some scheduling buttoned down. Gene Mealey gave over the Realms of Avalon panel ideas for all of us to go over. We really need to figure out where we’re printing the program books this year. Staples, Kinkos or ourselves? Maybe we could get bids from other printers in town. Definitely go in to see them instead of just calling them. There are some doubts about Staples doing a good job this year since last year’s program book didn’t turn out very well. Matt also has an idea about doing a “mini postcard” with a “Family Reunion Pic” on it with MisCon info on the back.
- WEB: nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon says the Independent “write up” will be done the week before MisCon.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! Cate is now our local Costume Pageant Chair and Chris is our Vice. Chris had the idea of a “3 Tier” concept for the contest. Novice, experienced and something else. Couldn’t remember exact wording, but will definitely come up with something that will sound great.