MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/01/06 5:57 PM Ė 6:45 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, JESS CONRAD, JOE TAYLOR, TYSON MCARTHUR, DAMON SEBESTIN AND LORETTA WILLIAMS.
- Meeting was called to order @ 5:57 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Bob L. has corrected the By-laws and emailed them out again.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We need pictures (including pics. of security members) of the BBQ area at Rubyís and of other people involved with MisCon. KUFM will be doing a Phone-a-thon again sometime in April. We gave our normal premium of two memberships and two t-shirts.
- ART: The full size quilt is still going to auction.
- MERCHANTS: March 9th 2006 at 2p.m. is the meeting at the hotel with Willie.
- GAMING: The forms are working out well on the website. Joe has emailed some of RadConís GMs about coming to MisCon and running games. Waiting for responses.
- WRITERíS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: Jess is the vice chair and they will go to the bank to get her authorized to sign checks. She will be balancing the checkbook at Erikís request. Joy gave the bank statement and Bob L. gave some 501c3 info to Jess. We still need Johnís stuff and Bob canít seem to get a hold of him.
- VIDEO: Bob L. spoke with Jeff and there will be no video contest again this year. Jeff is supposed to be typing up exactly what we are looking for as far as Video Contest Pieces. The schedule will be created soon.
- SECURITY: A meeting will be scheduled very soon.
- REGISTRATION: Still working on the database. They received another membership from someone from RadCon. That was given to Jess. Still need a database for Pros and G.O.H.s
- HOSPITALITY: Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady. We need to be able to contact Scott.
- PROGRAMMING: We really need to figure out where weíre printing the program books this year. Staples, Kinkos or ourselves? Jess will be contacting all printers in town to get a quote. Definitely go in to see them instead of just calling them. Last year Staples was approximately $1000 and then our own printing of the pocket programs cost us $350. If we were to do it all ourselves we need to do research on supplies. What we would need and how inexpensively could we manage it all.
- WEB: nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! Cate has stuff for Bob N. She has emailed Chris.