MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Masquerade]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2006
  • $30 after May 1, 2006


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/08/06 6:07 PM – 7:07 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, DAMON SEBESTIN, MATT BRUGGE, EARL SMITH AND ERIK WELTON.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Meeting was called to order @ 6:07 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
  • Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
  • The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. How many people would like to go? Bob L. has spoken with Cine 10 and we can get a block of tickets for MisCon ConCom.

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: We need high res. pictures (including pics. of security members) of the BBQ area at Ruby’s and of other people involved with MisCon to give to Frank Wu ASAP. Arlene Martel for a possible Media GOH for 2007 or 2008. Also John Kavelk for possible Artist GOH for 2007. Bob L. is speaking with other artists to see if they’re interested in sending art as well for next year.
    • ART: Heidi is still plugging away. She hopes to have all the rest of the artist invites, control sheets and bid sheets off her desk and out by Friday.
    • MERCHANTS: March 9th 2006 (TOMORROW) at 2p.m. is the meeting at the hotel with Willie. The tables will (theoretically) be set up. The letters are sent. A few people have paid and there are many more interested who will be buying space soon.
    • GAMING: Joe thinks he has received enough feedback from the questionnaire to start setting up the scheduling.
    • WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate is thinking about changing the times and days of the workshop. She will give it some thought and get back to us.
    • TREASURER: Bob L. gave Erik some money for registrations/memberships. Erik needs ALL budgets and ALL reports from ALL departments as soon as possible.
    • VIDEO: Joy brought back Wayfarer 1 (dvd) and Matt is borrowing it now. She gave Bob L. her feedback about the short movie. Jeff Roper wants everyone to give their own personal choices of good “theme” movies to show during our “Reunion Con” so be thinking of movies that would work out well that Jeff could fit into the schedule.
    • SECURITY: A meeting will be scheduled very soon.
    • REGISTRATION: Bob L. gave forms to Matt to put on the database. All of last year’s registrations have been given to Jess to be put on the database. There is an idea of putting a “pre-reg form insert” into the program book this year to make it handier for people who don’t get to read their program books until the week after con. Matt has an idea about making “ConCom trading cards”. It would be fairly inexpensive and feasible to do. We will see.
    • HOSPITALITY: Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady. We need to be able to contact Scott.
    • PROGRAMMING: Matt has re-made the Squid. The current idea is to have 7 different colors for badges, different badge types and make them very definitive so security will have no difficulty identifying a badge. Damon is working on printing and copying quotes.
    • WEB: We need to add guests names to the front page of the website (PROS – like John Dalmas, CJ, etc.) when we know for sure they are coming.
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Laura Hamilton’s RadCon security guys who are coming to MisCon may want to do other volunteering to earn C.C. Make sure to send them to Joy.
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon is working on selling ads in the program book. Possibly will get Bitterroot Motors to buy one for a Ford ad (new “sci-fi-like” vehicle). Discussion about raising prices on ads this year. It hasn’t happened in many years. We need to raise the prices simply to keep up with the higher printing costs.
    • COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! Cate is working on a new flyer for the costume contest. Once completed she will post it all over the University campus. She also will be checking the email on the web now.
Top
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.