MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/15/06 6:10 PM – 7:05 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATHERINE DAVENPORT, JESS CONRAD, JOE TAYLOR, EARL SMITH AND ERIK WELTON.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. How many people would like to go? Bob L. has spoken with Cine 10 and we can get a block of tickets for MisCon ConCom. We need to get this figured out asap.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We need high res. pictures (including pics. of security members) of the BBQ area at Ruby’s and of other people involved with MisCon to give to Frank Wu ASAP. Thursday the 16th Cate is willing to take people’s pictures with her digital camera at her house at different times during the day. The trivia questions were changed around a little and Bob L. still needs to get them out to other places (i.e. The Book Exchange, etc.)
- ART: The letters have been sent out. Yea! Erica (unsure of last name) emailed Heidi about putting her art in the art show/auction. We will have the map by next week.
- MERCHANTS: Lady Jane’s sent a check for 2 tables. Gallant gave a check for 1 table. The map is done.
- GAMING: Joe is still working on scheduling. Tyson is helping with the gaming pocket schedule/program.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate emailed all the authors. Some said yes and others said no. She will be calling the schools again and giving them a reminder soon.
- TREASURER: Joy gave Erik the bank statement. We have approximately $1,514 in our account. We deposited $290.00 today, but spent $39.00 on stamps. We are still looking into doing a bank switch. All budgets need to get to Erik ASAP!
- VIDEO: Everyone needs to turn in their “department choices”. Email them to the video chair.
- SECURITY: Meeting Tuesday 3/21/06 at 7pm at the Hunter’s house.
- REGISTRATION: Bob L. gave Jess some forms to be entered into the database. Joy had an idea about maybe putting the pre-registration form on the sheet with the badge and receipt (if we’re just going to use the whole page anyway).
- HOSPITALITY: Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady. We need to be able to contact Scott.
- PROGRAMMING: Damon is working on printing and copying quotes. He checked out the printer behind Cine 3 and so far they are looking very reasonable however he is still looking in to them.
- WEB: The website was updated to have the X-Men 3 link.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! A budget is needed for Chris to be able to purchase costuming items at a store that’s going out of business in her town. Cate will look over the Costume Pageant pages on the web and revise where needed.