MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/16/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JOE TAYLOR, MIKE ROE AND STEPHANIE BERGER
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:01 p.m. by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department reports:
- CONCHAIR: nothing to report
- ART: These artists have paid: Beth Hansen (2 flats), Robin Walker (1 flat), Betsy Mott (4 flats) & L.A. Williams (3 flats). Pending artists are: Theresa Mather and Monique Hayes.
- MERCHANTS: We are getting responses.
- GAMING: LAN guy (Mike Moceri) needs more computers. A few more games have been brought up for scheduling.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: $40.00 was deposited for 2 memberships.
- VIDEO: The “short” video contest time limit was confirmed as “under an hour”.
- SECURITY: Security meeting went well. We tested out the video camera, went over procedures and talked about being more assertive with the “peace bonding” issue this year. We are considering putting signs up about “peace bonding”. We still need to figure out inexpensive to free wrist bands for drinkers at room parties. Damon S. and Scott W. will be going to the Hunter’s house for ASP training on the 19th. Kilts are coming in as soon as they are completed. Next security meeting is 3/26/05 at the Hunter’s house.
- REGISTRATION: Memberships are trickling in
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: Bob N. needs email addresses for new chairs and the new stuff for the gaming page.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy did more research into the “Cthulhu Cash” volunteer vouchers. Post Net and Kinko’s seem to have the best deals so far. She will keep everyone informed as to which one MisCon decides to go with and as soon as a rough draft of the voucher is created she will bring it to a meeting to show committee members and receive feedback.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon S. sent emails to numerous newspapers and received a good response from them. They will be placing MisCon in the “upcoming events” and “calendars” sections. He also has other newspapers that have not responded yet. Damon needs a radio ready ad for Clear Channel as soon as possible. Committee members who have not trained to do the telethon must contact Kay (Bob L. has that information) to be trained before the telethon starts.
- MASQUERADE: Andrea Coyle is no longer helping with the masquerade. Chris Blazer has emailed Bob L. a lot and has come up with the “hall costume contest” rules and some good ideas about putting up a donation box where people will “vote by donation” to their favorite hall costume. Whoever gets the most donations wins and splits the money with MisCon.
- Room Use: 232 (security/ops) – 233 (security sleep room) – 260 open (big) and 261 open: possibly gaming overflow in those rooms
- We need updated contact info for ConCom.
- Trivia questions are ready to send out.
- T-shirts : quantities and sizes were figured out and also for ConCom and Security.