MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/22/06 6:25 PM – 7:30 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY & DAMON SEBESTIN.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:25 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 13 people who want to attend.
- The Security Volunteer Guide was emailed to Bob L. He liked it and sent it to Bob N. to post on the website.
- The possibility of a table/desk for security/ops/info was brought up. It would mainly be for security volunteering and general volunteering. Bob L. wants to make ops more “visible” this year. Maybe have an info desk in the lobby or near registration. May have some volunteers help run the desk.
- Possibly moving registration to ops after hours.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. spent $48.00 on printing flyers and posters. He dropped off stuff at Amanda’s (Muse Comics). The Book Exchange is willing to put up our poster in a special spot in their front window and they will have our trivia questions out on a counter (near our flyers/pre-reg forms) by a box to drop them in. We will be sending flyers to other cons. We are trying to nail down room usage now. Possibly changing around where the party rooms will be and where G.O.H.s might be staying. May be moving small programming down near hospitality.
- ART: We need to schedule another hotel meeting.
- MERCHANTS: There are 10 tables sold to 5 different people.
- GAMING: nothing to report
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: nothing to report
- VIDEO: Everyone needs to turn in their “department choices”. Email them to the video chair.
- SECURITY: There is another meeting Tuesday 3/28/06 at 7:30pm at the Hunter’s house. Everyone needs to be in uniform for pictures to be taken.
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: Scott still needs to contact Mike and Brady. We need to be able to contact Scott.
- PROGRAMMING: New panel concepts. We will be getting a grid set up soon. New pocket program ideas. If you have any ideas, please email them to the program chair.
- WEB: The list of artists is now on the website with links to their own websites if they have them. Bob N. needs a response from The Dead Gentlemen because we need to have their permission to use their logo on our website.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy has concerns and other ideas about the ops info desk that she will voice at another time.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon received more quotes on printers. Pyramid is too expensive and so is Budget (whom, Joy believes, does not produce very good quality anyway). Still checking on others. Damon is working more on getting people to advertise in our program book. The prices have gone up this year. Damon also needs the “4 ups” flyers from Matt to take to businesses.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! nothing to report