MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/29/06 6:10 PM – 7:35 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, MATT BRUGGE, JESS CONRAD & ERIK WELTON.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 15 people (or more) who want to attend.
- There is a discussion about a benefit carwash on April 29th, 2006 with Sparky and the belly dancers to raise money for John Dalmas’ plane ticket. It’s just an idea right now, but it would be a lot of fun.
- There is also the idea about doing another rummage sale (possibly in the merchant’s room again) to raise funds to pay off the plane ticket for John.
- There is 57 days until MisCon!! Yea!!!!
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. needs to speak with Gene Mealey about party rooms. He sent flyers to NorwesCon, HoriziCon(sp?) and others. We think we might do a kiosk/info booth rather than make ops sit at a desk. We can post lots of things there and ops will be in charge of putting new things up when needed. We need to pick up that “bookmark stand” at Barnes & Noble to fix it up and make it ready to become our MisCon kiosk. Bob L. went over t-shirts and sizes and for whom. The room usage is all changed around. Everything is downstairs now and there is only one specialty gaming room. The hotel won’t have to move any upstairs rooms like they did last year. All of our info is now up at The Book Exchange.
- ART: Hotel meeting with Bob, Heidi and Willie is scheduled for next Tuesday the 4th.
- MERCHANTS: There are 10 tables sold to 5 different people.
- GAMING: Joe has more stuff to send to Bob N.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Bob L. needs a meeting with Cate.
- TREASURER: Erik is almost done transferring the information into a program that works for him. He really needs all the budgets in order. He is still looking into doing a bank switch.
- VIDEO: Everyone needs to turn in their “department choices”. Email them to the video chair. Who has not sent their picks in yet?
- SECURITY: We had the meeting and there is a new meeting set for Sunday the 2nd at 9 a.m. (remember about daylight savings time). Everyone must show up in full uniform (and all the accessories) and we will be having photos taken. At the meeting the discussion ranged from procedural changes, to fire alarms and earthquakes to what to do when the lights go out. Nick needs to have an ETA on the yes or no about his budget for the video cameras.
- REGISTRATION: A budget needs to be completed (with estimates, etc.). There are 10-15 pre-registrations done at the moment.
- HOSPITALITY: Scott is not able to be MisCon Hospitality Chair anymore and so Mike Roe has agreed to be chair one more year. THANK YOU MIKE!!!
- PROGRAMMING: Matt got together with Bob and they went over a preliminary schedule and panel ideas. They will meet again soon. If you have any panel ideas please get them to Matt right away. The Kinkos quote for blk/wht is $650. If we want color for the front and back covers it will be $1027 total.
- WEB: Bob N. needs a response from The Dead Gentlemen because we need to have their permission to use their logo on our website.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Jess had the idea of making a volunteers flyer with tear off phone number/email tabs to post around town. Joy has emailed Diana Stauder (Bunitsky) from Dragon’s Journey to see if she still wants to be a vendor and also do some panels this year (her first con). Joy let Bob L. read her email.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! nothing to report