MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Costume Pageant]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2006
  • $30 after May 1, 2006


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/05/06 6:05 PM – 7:10 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JESS CONRAD, JOE TAYLOR, CATE DAVENPORT, DAMON SEBESTIN AND HEIDI & SCOTT WISELEY.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
  • Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
  • The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 19 people (or more) who want to attend. Tickets will be $5.50 each.
  • There is a discussion about a merchants room/art room badge. The price may be $8.00 and may only be available at the Head of Security’s discretion and approval. It may be our “temp” badges which are bright orange. There may only be a two hour limit for use of this badge.
  • The KUFM radio phone-a-thon is tomorrow night starting at 5pm. Nick, Bob L., Joe and Stephanie are scheduled to go and participate in that.

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: We need to pick up that “bookmark stand” at Barnes & Noble to fix it up and make it ready to become our MisCon kiosk. Bob L. went over t-shirts and sizes and for whom.
    • ART: Heidi is following up with the artists. She is creating a preliminary map of the panels that should be finalized by next week. She can fit about 45 to 50 panels in her art room. Frank Wu is getting 6 panels.
    • MERCHANTS: There are 10 tables sold to 5 different people. A few more merchants said they were coming but they have not sent there fee money yet.
    • GAMING: Joe gave some more stuff to Bob N. Joe is getting in touch with gaming companies. There is some talk about LARP this year but no one knows who would run one. Maybe Stephanie???
    • WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate has been talking back and forth with authors about trying to get the schedule completely finalized.
    • TREASURER: Erik really needs all the budgets in order. He is still looking into doing a bank switch.
    • VIDEO: Jeff has given Bob L. a preliminary schedule of videos he is planning to show and he has some of our department choices on there, but not all of them yet.
    • SECURITY: Nick needs more arm bands made. The photos came back from the shoot on Sunday. Some will work for what he needs. He will send them to Bob L. tonight. The questionnaire needs to be completed by ALL Squid Squad members and (hopefully) anyone else who is willing to volunteer this year for security. There shall be another security meeting soon, probably within the next 2 weeks.
    • REGISTRATION: A budget needs to be completed (with estimates, etc.). There are 16 pre-registrations done at the moment. Jess is still trying to find out about the program on the computer. More memberships were turned in from Monday night.
    • HOSPITALITY: Mike Roe has agreed to be chair one more year. THANK YOU MIKE!!!
    • PROGRAMMING: Matt got together with Bob and they went over a preliminary schedule and panel ideas. We all get to see what the preliminary schedule looks like right now. They will meet again soon. If you have any panel ideas please get them to Matt right away. We have decided the BBQ will only be 4 hours and it will end one hour before the art auction to give us some more time to prepare. There has been a concern brought up about the merchants’ suggestion in the Suggestion Box. They need time to have food during the BBQ as well. We will work this out.
    • WEB: It has been brought up that the Video information on the web is incorrect, “Masquerade” needs to be changed to “Costume Pageant” and the dates on most of the pages need to be updated to the current year and dates.
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy will be trying to start the creation process of the picture collages very soon. She is still concerned about being able to afford to get reprints of all the pictures. (Either purchasing photo paper and ink or getting them copied on the internet).
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon has found out that Barnes & Noble is willing to do an “end cap” with our GOH’s work. Authors will have there books on display and artists will have their art books on display. There will be a sign about MisCon also. Hastings is willing to do this as well – Damon will be finding out about other book stores in the area. Damon is calling Matt to see if he can make him some “4 ups” like last year so he can put them up all over the mall and other places.
    • COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! Chris and Cate have been talking about the contest and pageant.
  • PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: chair@miscon.org
Top
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.