MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/06/05 5:45 PM - 7 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON AND MIKE ROE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob L.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department reports:
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. will be buying plane tickets for GOH’s. He also thinks that Frank Wu might be a good GOH to have next year. He ordered shirts today and will be ordering more soon.
- ART: We have about 15 or 16 flats left.
- MERCHANTS: Holly Frydenlund (new merc) just sent a check for a table.
- GAMING: Joe will be able to store some stuff in his storage space.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Someone submitted something and also paid.
- TREASURER: These were deposited recently: a check from Scott for kilt, more checks from merchants, Earl’s money order, 2 memberships and writers workshop check. Bob L. wrote himself a check for RadCon room ($75.00) and also a check for $1400 for plane tickets.
- VIDEO: Schedule needs to be refined. No submissions yet.
- SECURITY: Badges are ordered through Damon. Earl’s friend cannot produce the arm bands like we’d hoped but we will try to see if Big Sky Embroidery or possibly John from Eastgate Ace Hardware can do them. Kilts are all in. Earl has received the wrist bands and given them to Nick to store until con. Security meeting at Damon’s house Sat. 9th @ 6:30. We will be washing kilts, going over codes, etc.
- REGISTRATION: Bob L. has been sending more stuff to Matt B. so he will be able to run Registration like a pro.
- HOSPITALITY: Mike will be able to store stuff at his house.
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: Joy and Nick gave Bob N. Bill Wade’s info and phone numbers so he can contact him about possible panels. Bob N. gave Nick the “good” maps from the hotel. Bob L. needs an updated merchants map.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: First draft of Cthulhu Cash was brought up. There was excellent feedback and it will be refined. Joy will take it to Postnet to have it produced as soon as it is completed.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Monday at KUFM went very well. Reminder about Friday’s telethon at KUFM.
- MASQUERADE: Bob N. received pictures from Chris Blazer. The hall costume rules, etc. are on the web now.
- We finally got the free passes made. They will be mailed to other cons and given to certain radio stations, etc.. KUFM’s premium is a t-shirt and membership.
- Theme: “Reunion” for next year – Possible GOHs – Artist (for “future”) Frank Wu or Alan Clark – Gaming (for “past”) Tracy Hickman (gaming guest from MisCon 1) he is also an author – Steve Jackson (and possibly Monica) – Samuel R. Delaney (for “present”).
- DVD playback system is needed for Paul Lawrence (panels and sales table).