MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Costume Pageant]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2006
  • $30 after May 1, 2006


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/19/06 6:15 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, SCOTT WISELEY, DEJA WALTERS & EARL SMITH.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Meeting was called to order @ 6:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
  • Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
  • The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 26 people (or more) who want to attend. Tickets will be $5.50 each.
  • We finally picked up the kiosk from Barnes & Noble.
  • A “MisCon Generic T-Shirt” idea was brought up and liked by all. Bob L. will look into it further.
  • The carwash will be April 29th (Sat.) – Sparky and some members of her belly dancing troop will come. It will be held at Ruby’s. 10am – 3pm (approx.).

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: We voted to create a discretionary fund to be funded by private donation and fund raisers. The purpose of said fund is for “B & H” (Bobbles and Hopes – what did you think B & H stood for?). It will now be referred to as the B & H fund. Bob L. will find out how many room nights we have so far. Bob also wrote a check to the con for the money left over after purchasing plane tickets - $160.91.
    • ART: Heidi emailed some artists (Monique Hayes, Mark Ferrari & Bill Warren) and has received no responses as of yet. There is no map from Joe yet. Only 14 panels left available. Heidi bought a receipt book for the art room to have on hand. She’s thinking about changing the art room hours this year. She just needs to get back to us on that so we can have it in the program book correctly. Meredith Martini never received her packet of stuff – resending soon.
    • MERCHANTS: The cost of the BBQ will be the same for merchants as for everyone else.
    • GAMING: Not a lot of prize support yet, still working on it however.
    • WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Bob L. is having a meeting with Cate tomorrow at 11:00. There were 2 more submissions today. That makes the total – 3 submissions.
    • TREASURER: Bob L. has checks for memberships and Writer’s Workshop submissions and also the check he wrote to con for Erik. Nothing has been done with the 501c3. We are not sure what’s going on with the bank switch. Budgets need to be sent in and then budgets need to be finalized.
    • VIDEO: nothing to report
    • SECURITY: There is a meeting this Friday at 7 pm at the Hunter’s house. The Gall’s order is placed. Nick still needs Heidi’s money. Nick is holding workouts on Tuesdays and Wednesdays around 7pm ish for whomever would like to come and train at the Hunter’s house. Earl suggested a place called “Stitches” that might possibly be able to make more arm bands. We need about 10 more.
    • REGISTRATION: Joe’s computer will be used at con. We still need a second backup computer. We also need to make sure Joe’s computer is capable of running all the programs we use and everything works together.
    • HOSPITALITY: Mike Roe has agreed to be chair one more year. THANK YOU MIKE!!!
    • PROGRAMMING: Matt needs to get together with Bob L. again and go over a preliminary schedule and panel ideas. If you have any panel ideas please fax them to Bob or Matt.
    • WEB: Thank you from game chair. Also “Secretary” received a scam/spam email and Bob N. said to disregard it. Bob N. has updated the video page. The email now says to email Roper about video instead of Mick. The costume page still needs to be updated with Cate’s new information.
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy will be trying to start the creation process of the picture collages very soon. She is still concerned about being able to afford to get reprints of all the pictures. (Either purchasing photo paper and ink or getting them copied on the internet). Bob N. has some photo paper he is willing to give to Joy. There are 4 new volunteers on the page.
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: PSA’s need to be generated for the car wash. Bob L. will start working on those. Also PSA’s need to be created for MisCon very soon.
    • COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! nothing to report
  • PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: chair@miscon.org
Top
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.