MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/26/06 6:10 PM – 7:25 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, CATE DAVENPORT, EARL SMITH, DAMON SEBESTIN, ERIK WELTON, MATT BRUGGE, JEFF ROPER & JESS CONRAD.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 29 people who want to attend. Tickets will be $5.50 each. Get there early to get a good seat and possibly save some as well.
- The carwash will be April 29th (Sat.) – Sparky and some members of her belly dancing troop will come. It will be held at Ruby’s. 10am – 3pm (approx.). Bob L. will do the PSA’s on the radio very soon to advertise.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: The plane tickets are done.
- ART: Bob L. helped Heidi in reaching more artists. Sandra Santara is sending art this year (yea!) and so is Kevin Brocksmidt. Beth Hansen has not sent a response yet. The map has been sent to Bob N. to be put on the website. There are 8 panels left available.
- MERCHANTS: Bob is just about done with the Merchants’ packets. In them they will receive: a letter, a questionnaire, a sample of Cthulhu Cash and explanation of what it is and a pre-registration form specific for merchants. Also Bob L. explained that the room will close for an hour during the BBQ. Gallant Games will not be a vendor and has switched their merchant membership over to two regular memberships. Earl spoke with Swordmasters and they are still planning on coming but have not paid for any space at this time.
- GAMING: We now have prize support from Steve Jackson, Chaosism (sp?) and Cheap Ass Games. Bob is unsure if there are anymore.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Currently there are 4 manuscript submissions. Three authors have agreed to do the writer’s workshop (Jerry Oltion, MJ and James Glass). She is mailing them out on Monday. The tentative new time scheduled for workshop is Sunday (only) from 11 am to 1 pm.
- TREASURER: Bob L. gave checks to Erik. Erik has not talked to Sterling about waiving the fee so we are still unsure about a bank switch to US Bank. Cate gave her budget to Erik.
- VIDEO: Jeff is here and we have a tentative schedule that is almost completely done.
- SECURITY: We lost a S.S. member. Mike Garrison will not be able to be full time for MisCon (possibly 1 or 2 short shifts??). If possible, Security would like a couple of leftover art panels if there are any. Nick will be making a “screen” in Security/Ops room for privacy. There will be a meeting soon. Laura Hamilton of RadCon Security still needs the codes. Nick will email her.
- REGISTRATION: The database for registrations is moving along well. May 20th is when Jess wants to start printing pre-registrations with Matt. They still need the badge art from Frank Wu. They will need to purchase paper and laminating paper, toner and ink before the second week in May. Cate has a second computer as a backup and they still plan to use Joe’s. Nick has a printer that can be used as backup or main printer. The prices for children – under 6 is free, 7 to 12 $15.00 and 13 and up are adult/regular price.
- HOSPITALITY: Mike Roe says the approximate budget is $850 which includes the BBQ. It might go above that however. Mike will make a definitive price for the BBQ very soon.
- PROGRAMMING: Matt emailed Concom to see likes and dislikes for panels. The tentative schedule is still being worked on. We will be going with the printer behind Cine 3. We need to know how much time to give them to get all the program books finished. Color front/back cover = $795, stapling and binding, etc. = $75. MisCon will be printing the pocket programs as it will save us in the long run. If you have any panel ideas please fax them to Bob or Matt.
- WEB: Jess needs to send the database to Bob N. so he can set up Pay Pal soon.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy will be trying to start the creation process of the picture collages very soon. She is still concerned about being able to afford to get reprints of all the pictures. (Either purchasing photo paper and ink or getting them copied on the internet). Bob N. has some photo paper he is willing to give to Joy. There are 4 new volunteers on the page.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon has tried to email and contact 9 newspapers in the area with no response. Has not tried radio stations or TV stations yet. Also PSA’s need to be created for MisCon very soon.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! nothing to report
- PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com