MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Costume Pageant]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2006
  • $30 after May 1, 2006


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
05/03/06 6:17 PM – 7:35 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, SCOTT WISELEY, CATE DAVENPORT, MIKE ROE, JOE TAYLOR, DEJA WALTERS, MATT BRUGGE, JESS CONRAD & GENE MEALEY.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Meeting was called to order @ 6:17 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
  • Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
  • The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 34 people who want to attend. Tickets will be $5.50 each. Get there early to get a good seat and possibly save some as well.
  • The carwash made $137.41 and it will go to the “H & B” discretionary fund. Thank you to all who could make it.
  • There will be no MisCon ConCom meeting on Wednesday May 24th
  • We will be meeting in the Boardroom at the hotel on Thursday May 25th at 5:45 p.m.

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: The plane tickets are done and all other GOH travel plans are set. Bob L. will be ordering shirts tomorrow and still needs to finalize the MisCon “logo” polo shirts before ordering those. We may need one more extra room for spill over gaming. Bob will discuss that with Joe. We currently have 123 room nights and more are definitely coming.
    • ART: We may have Lego ships from Edgar to put in the art room this year. The map is up on the website and looks good. There are 6 panels left available.
    • MERCHANTS: The Merchants room map has been updated and Bob needs to give it to Bob N. We have 5 merchants so far with 3 more fairly certain, however they have not paid yet.
    • GAMING: Gaming is going good. Next week Joe will have a preliminary schedule on the web. Prize support is coming from Whiz Kids and Reaper, hopefully soon.
    • WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate needs the addresses to mail the manuscripts to the authors.
    • TREASURER: Erik has talked to Sterling, but he must call back to talk to a specific person about our needs and concerns. Erik still needs budgets and projected earnings from most departments ASAP.
    • VIDEO: Jeff created an updated schedule. Looks okay so far. Bob L. will be reading the law about what we do in the video room.
    • SECURITY: There is a proposed meeting for this Friday, May 5 at 7 p.m. at the Hunter’s. There are limited arm bands and a limited budget this year. We definitely need to get as many “Mooks” as we can. We may or may not have Mike G. for security. Nick still has not heard from Laura or Jason as to what they would like as a schedule. Nick is working on a tentative schedule for S.S. – Has security forgotten anything?
    • REGISTRATION: The children’s rates are 6 and under are free, 7 to 12 are $15.00 and 13 and up are adult prices. Jess needs a pre-reg form for 2007 very soon. Cate has agreed to make the form. The price during the con to pre-reg for next year will be $20. After con it goes to $25 until May 1st and then $30 after and to con. There are 22 PROs registered and 2 GOHs. 36 pre-paid memberships so far. Jess is officially the registration chair and Matt is the vice chair.
    • HOSPITALITY: Mike Roe has listed the hours for hospitality and made a price list. The BBQ is officially 2 – 6 pm, we will still charge $6.00 and hospitality will remain open for people to purchase soda or other things. Nick made the suggestion of purchasing iced tea mix and/or lemonade mix to make up and have available at the BBQ and also, ice cream sandwiches would be a nice treat if we can figure out the best way to keep them frozen. Mike will talk to the hotel about possibly using their walk-in coolers or freezers. Mike will need a lot of volunteers this year.
    • PROGRAMMING: Bob L. gave Matt the Merchant’s statement for the program book. Everyone needs to remember to get their department statements done and given to Matt to be put in the book. Matt showed us the preliminary pocket program. We discussed what all needs to be put in the program book and approximately how it should be set up. The deadline for the preliminary program book for Matt is next meeting (5/10/06)
    • WEB: If everyone would please test Pay Pal so Bob N. could get some feedback. It costs $1.00 but as soon as he catches it, he refunds it. The artwork went up on Sunday.
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy will be trying to start the creation process of the picture collages very soon. If anyone has ideas or would like to lend a hand in this, please contact Joy. Bob N. has given Joy some photo paper so she can start to create some collages.
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: Bob L. may try to contact MCAT to see if we could be put on their monthly calendar. Also PSA’s for community calendars need to be created for MisCon very soon.
    • COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! nothing to report
  • PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: chair@miscon.org
Top
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.