MisCon Logo

Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention

[Home]
[Guests]
[Hotel]
[Volunteers]
[Gaming]
[Costume Pageant]
[Merchants]
[Panels]
[Video]
[Writer's Workshop]
[MisCons Past]
[ConCom]
[Guestbook]
[Links]



Off-line Contact Information:

Miscon
P.O. Box 7721
Missoula, MT 59807
(406) 544-7083



Membership Rates:

  • $25 through April 31, 2006
  • $30 after May 1, 2006


Webmaster Contact:

webmaster@miscon.org

MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
05/10/06 6:10 PM – 7:15 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER

IN ATTENDANCE:
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, ERIK WELTON, MATT BRUGGE & DAMON SEBESTIN.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Meeting was called to order @ 6:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
  • Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
  • The X-Men 3 premier is on Friday May 26th. We currently have 40 people who want to attend. Tickets will be $5.50 each. Get there early to get a good seat and possibly save some as well.
  • There will be no MisCon ConCom meeting on Wednesday May 24th
  • We will be meeting in the Boardroom at the hotel on Thursday May 25th at 5:45 p.m.

ON-GOING BUSINESS:

  • Department Reports:
    • CONCHAIR: The t-shirts are ordered. The cost is approximately $926.50. Joy and Nick have a clothing rack to hang up t-shirts (please everyone remember to bring some hangers to con) and they have two spinning racks to use for mugs, etc. They need Joe and Joe’s truck to pick them up from their house.
    • ART: Heidi sent follow up emails. Meredith Martini replied and said she’s sending art but Heidi still doesn’t know how many panels she requires.
    • MERCHANTS: We have a couple more merchants. Bob will go to Now & Then to ask them if they are attending this year. He updated the map for the web and gave it to Bob N.
    • GAMING: Gaming is going good. Next week Joe will have a preliminary schedule on the web.
    • WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate mailed the manuscripts today and that means they will be early to the authors (yea!).
    • TREASURER: Joy gave Erik the bank statement. Bob L. gave Erik some checks to deposit. Sterling apparently can’t wave any fees for us at the moment. We will look to change after MisCon. Erik would like to find out about the billing options of the businesses we use. First of all, he wants to know the billing options for Missoula Copy Center and what we could possibly do about paying them for the program book after con. He is also interested (as Bob L. is as well) about creating a petty cash fund which we haven’t had in some time. A file box was purchased for registration (Jess). Erik still needs budgets and projected earnings from most departments ASAP.
    • VIDEO: The schedule needs to be emailed to Bob L.
    • SECURITY: Nick emailed Bob L. back about the re-write for the program book and he has decided to go with his original. It says exactly what he wants it to say and with a certain tone. Nick needs to have a “full” Squid Squad meeting with everyone and he needs it soon to go over scheduling. He has decided to only have the one video camera this year and next year he would like to get two. All other supplies are good except for arm bands, but he will make do. Bob L. made “Mook” shirts (10) and “Security” shirts (7).
    • REGISTRATION: There are 40 people pre-registered as of right now. Yea Pay Pal! We need to organize and inventory the storage unit on May 20th, then set up and start printing pre-regs at the Hunter’s house (unknown time)
    • HOSPITALITY: Mike talked to the hotel about possibly using their walk-in coolers or freezers and it will be no problem. Mike will need a lot of volunteers this year.
    • PROGRAMMING: Matt is still working on the preliminary panel schedule and program book. He is trying to have it done by this weekend. He will email concom with the preliminary schedule and 2007 flyer as soon as they are done. Matt wants to have it to the printer by the Monday before the 19th. Again, any panel ideas anyone has would be much appreciated.
    • WEB: Pay Pal is up and running. Work still needs to be done on the database. Jess will be sending Bob N. all the registration forms that are pre-registrations.
    • VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy will be trying to start the creation process of the picture collages very soon. If anyone has ideas or would like to lend a hand in this, please contact Joy. Joy needs the poster boards from Bob L. asap to start on those also.
    • MEDIA RELATIONS: The T.V. stations and radio stations have been emailed about the community calendars. KGBA and MCAT need to be contacted before the end of the week. The flyers need to be put up around town ASAP.
    • COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! nothing to report
  • PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: chair@miscon.org
Top
MisCon Logo MisCon Logo
You are viewing part of the MisCon archives. Information here may be outdated.
For current information visit www.miscon.org.