MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
06/15/05 6:00 PM - 6:55 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
NICK & JOY HUNTER, JOE TAYLOR, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN & MIKE ROE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Nick Hunter.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: nothing to report (heís off gallivanting) :)
- ART: nothing to report
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: The Thank You letters are done. Joe needs the miniature pics from the digital camera (Earl Smithís). Microsoft - new x-box 360 - possibly give demos.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: We have been receiving paperwork from the bank. Andrea Coyleís check was returned. She still owes the con $23.00. Damon still needs to pay con for his art. Joy still needs to take care of lost check for last yearís art. We canít find the con checkbook, but hopefully it will turn up soon. We did find some money and checks in with the registration stuff when storing it.
- VIDEO: Jeff Roper is the new Video Chair. YEA!!!
- SECURITY: There will be a meeting soon to have pictures taken of security staff in Utilikilts to send to them. Damon has requested to not work quite so much at next yearís con.
- REGISTRATION: Matt is still trying to figure out the final count of registrations. He has a lot of ideas for MisCon 20.
- HOSPITALITY: There are lots of ideas for next year. (Maybe talk to Pizza Hut or other pizza joints about the deal that RadCon does in their hospitality room.)We are unsure if Mike will be able to continue being the chair.
- PROGRAMMING/WEB: Jeff Roper needs to be set up to receive emails at concom/video on miscon.org. Reimbursement for printing is still needed.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Getting more feedback. May change on web.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- We need to brainstorm and come up with tons of ideas for next year very soon.
- Department Responsibilities Documents need to be done now.
- 501c3 - we need to inventory all of MisConís assets by the end of July to get that going. Damonís cousin will be helping him with that paperwork.
- We need budgets written up for all departments very soon. What do we need? Letís budget and find out just how much we can spend.
- Bob, Damon & Matt need to talk about possibly having a "visitor pass" for vendor/art rooms (maybe $5.00 for those rooms only on any given day of the con).
- MisCon 20 - Artist: Frank Wu, Author: Jerry Oltion, Special/Media: Dragon, Special/Gaming: (maybe) Steve Jackson (?)
- We need vice chairs for art, vol/ops, registration, and hospitality. We should post on the web that we need resumes for applicants for these positions sent to concom.