MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
07/06/05 6:00 PM - 6:40 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
NICK & JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, MATT BRUGGE & MIKE ROE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Nick Hunter.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: nothing to report (he’s still off gallivanting) :)
- ART: nothing to report
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: nothing to report
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: We have been receiving paperwork from the bank. Andrea Coyle’s check was returned. She still owes the con $23.00. Damon paid $50.00 cash for part of his art bill. He still owes $30.00. We received a bank statement that says we have a negative balance of -$39.39. We will try to do a deposit so our account will remain in good standing. We need all budgets from all departments.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: There will be a meeting soon to have pictures taken of security staff in Utilikilts to send to them.
- REGISTRATION: Matt has been working on different things to show us but could not bring them tonight. He has a lot of ideas for MisCon 20.
- HOSPITALITY: Mike says that hospitality definitely needs some changes. He will work on the inventory and also do a "pre-budget". He still, very much, would like to have a vice chair. It looks like Mike will continue being the hospitality chair. He found out we must be nonprofit before Sheehan Majestic will allow us to buy at cost from them.
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: Bob N. turned in the budget for the website. Damon is considering having a special ad package for merchants. Possibly ad on web $5 - $25 additional to the program book ad. We would link their info. The ad would stay on the site until the next MisCon.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: We now have an EIN coming to us in the mail. Damon knows of a ’65 Mustang that we might be able to auction off next MisCon if we are nonprofit status. He is setting the inventory deadline to end of August.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- Banners need to be re-done with new dates.
- Origins may want MisCon security team to come and work for them next year. They are saying they will pay for plane tickets.
- We talked about the possibility of renting an efficient machine for the whole weekend to do badges at registration.
- We need budgets written up for all departments very soon. What do we need? Let’s budget and find out just how much we can spend.
- Bob, Damon & Matt need to talk about possibly having a "visitor pass" for vendor/art rooms (maybe $5.00 for those rooms only on any given day of the con).
- MisCon 20 - Artist: Frank Wu, Author: Jerry Oltion, Special/Media: Dragon, Special/Gaming: (maybe) Steve Jackson (?)
- We need vice chairs for art, vol/ops, registration, and hospitality. We should post on the web that we need resumes for applicants for these positions sent to concom.