MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
07/20/05 6:00 PM - 6:40 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, NICK & JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, MATT BRUGGE & MIKE ROE.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:20 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Origins went well. We may have vice chairs for treasurer, art and hospitality now.
- ART: Elissa Mitchell received her art back but was confused why none of it sold. We still have a check for Monique but no way of getting it to her. Tyson will be the vice chair for art.
- MERCHANTS: Tables for merchants will be $50 at MisCon 20.
- GAMING: Game fairs are coming up. Need to get stuff together soon for those.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: James McGee is going to enter some stories.
- TREASURER: Damon paid $30 for the rest of his art bill. Loretta Williams will be vice chair for treasurer. Andrea’s $23 has been taken care of.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: There will be a meeting soon to have pictures taken of security staff in Utilikilts to send to them. Also there needs to be a meeting soon with security members to discuss changes for next year and Bob must be able to attend.
- REGISTRATION: Matt has been working on different things to show us but could not bring them tonight. He has a lot of ideas for MisCon 20. Matt should be getting computer/internet by the end of August.
- HOSPITALITY: Scott Kane will be hospitality vice chair.
- PROGRAMMING: He has been sketching some designs for the book. Hopefully will have some to show off by the second meeting in August.
- WEB: We are a little behind on web stuff. Some things are changed/updated but other things (like “video”) did not get on there yet.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: The EIN should be here soon. Please send all inventories to Damon via firstname.lastname@example.org. He doesn’t know if the ’65 Mustang idea will work. Maybe for 2007, they need to figure out costs, etc. We may not do it at all.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- Banners need to be re-done with new dates. Damon says he will take care of them.
- We discussed maybe having one person specifically taking the job of “gopher” (but probably not).
- We need to look into “Pay Pal” on the web.
- All the department duties books need to be finished and given to Bob L.
- There are some Lost & Found items at Joe’s place.
- Damon will be writing up a proposal about possible ad pages for vendors on our website. Bob N. needs to okay on pricing.
- There will be a $5.00 (per room) Visitor’s Pass for the merchants and art rooms for MisCon 20.
- We need vice chairs for vol/ops, masquerade, video & registration. We should post on the web that we need resumes for applicants for these positions sent to concom.
- We went over room usage at Ruby’s for next MisCon.