MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
09/21/05 6:00 PM - 6:40 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: GAME CHAIR - JOE TAYLOR
BOB LOVELY, JOY HUNTER, BOB NORTON, JOE TAYLOR, LORETTA WILLIAMS, SCOTT KANE, TYSON MCARTHUR, SCOTT & HEIDI WISELEY & DAMON SEBESTIAN.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Only half of the money that was stolen was returned. We now have around $1400 in the bank. WalMart will not return our money and Bob L. is sending letters out to the other businesses. RadCon is in Feb. If you volunteer while you are there, please make sure to tell them you are with MisCon.
- ART: The art rooms this year are going to be 135 & 136. There are 14 artists so far Heidi is trying to invite but still unsure as to how many will reply. Security needs to check these new art rooms once every hour during con. There will be a color dot system in place to keep track of art this year. There will be more changes made to the way the art auction (and immediately afterwards) is to be handled. Tyson mentioned the possibility of making a quilt out of old MisCon t-shirts to raffle or auction off.
- MERCHANTS: Bob L. will be sending the letter out to merchants the 1st of January. He needs to get with Matt B. to find out if any merchants have prepaid.
- GAMING: nothing to report
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Bob L. sent letters out and is waiting for a response. Maybe this year he will send to Hamilton, Stevensville and Frenchtown.
- TREASURER: Bob L. has given deposit slips, check stubs, receipts from Chris Blazer, other random receipts, important papers and info to Loretta.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: There will be a meeting soon.
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: Scott K. had an idea about having more “dinner deals” every night and really putting an emphasis on those. Also he wants to make sure that they have an ample supply of volunteers at the ready.
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon needs the security inventory and hospitality inventory. He might be getting a Microsoft 360 console gaming system for the con. Damon needs to talk to Matt and Bob N. about ad prices and color ideas.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- The hotel contract is getting worked out and so is room usage.
- Bob L. will email the suggestions to everyone from last con’s suggestion box.
- Are there any departmental supply needs? We can get them from Staples.
- We need a budget history from every department to give to Loretta.
- Want/need lists need to be sent to Loretta so she can budget completely.