MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
10/19/05 6:05 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, LORETTA WILLIAMS, SCOTT KANE, TYSON MCARTHUR & HEIDI WISELEY.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Gerald Home emailed Bob L. recently and he would like to be a GOH possibly next year.
- ART: We could have two or more panels go to local artists for an art contest/competition. It would have to be attendees art only. Maybe we could talk them into donating the pieces to the art auction to benefit MisCon. We will send letters out about it first and then maybe go to the local high schools to advertise in person.
- MERCHANTS: Jason Cox is the new Merchants Chair.
- GAMING: nothing to report
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Still need to send to regional schools.
- TREASURER: Joy H. gave the bank debit card to Loretta. She sent budget formats to all email addresses.
- VIDEO: Jeff Roper is putting together a list of all movies he would like to show at MisCon 20.
- SECURITY: Reminder: Meeting is on Sat. 22nd at 6:30 at the Hunter’s house. We need to have more advertisement for volunteers for the “elite/mooks”, “alpha/bravo” security force teams. Also need to put signs at Registration and also on the web.
- REGISTRATION: He is still working on stuff. Flyers, business cards, etc.
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: Bob N. printed posters of last year’s art to give to concom members. He also needs all concom email address and any updated info.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy H. gave Bob L. info on Dragon Treasures owner/writer/merchant.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- The hotel contract is just about done.
- We will be doing the merchants room arrangement at the hotel soon.
- Regional conventions – RadCon, Etc. – Security and volunteering of any kind – A list needs to be formed very soon as to who is attending and who believes they will volunteer. Also a talk needs to happen about a room party at RadCon and Cthulthu Goo.
- Bylaws are done but need to be double checked again.
- If you have anything you want to be on the agenda, please email your suggestions to Bob L.
- Website use – www./webmail to receive your email communications between concom.