MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
11/02/05 6:05 PM – 6:40 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI & SCOTT WISELEY, & DAMON SEBESTIN.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. is still working on the bylaws. We now have the hotel contract and it is virtually the same as last year except some of the rooms have changed.
- ART: Heidi is working on the letters to send to the schools (art teachers).She needs to see the rooms she will be setting up in the hotel. Everyone agrees that we all would like to go to the hotel very soon. Possibly next week. She is alright for supplies at the moment.
- MERCHANTS: Jason also told Bob L. he wants to go to the hotel when we all go to arrange and make a map of the merchant’s room.
- GAMING: Nick H. printed out the gaming budget and gave over to Bob L.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Still hasn’t heard anything yet. He will talk to teachers after New Years.
- TREASURER: nothing to report
- VIDEO: Jeff Roper is putting together a list of all movies he would like to show at MisCon 20.
- SECURITY: The security meeting went well. Nick explained to everyone that security will be breaking up into two sections – the “elite squad” (are the veteran security team members and yes, the name is going to change) and the “mook squad” (which are going to be volunteers from the con). He finalized the budget and emailed it to Loretta. He is almost done with the full write up and check list for security. It should be done by the end of the month. Please email Nick any suggestions you have for new names of the “elite squad”.
- REGISTRATION: Matt brought Bob L. a CD of flyer examples (mostly gaming flyers) and business card examples. Matt needs to make more flyers that are not gaming but other than that they look neat. We will have flyers to take with us to RadCon.
- HOSPITALITY: Unfortunately Mike Roe will not be able to be our hospitality chair this year. We will ask Scott K. if he will be willing to step up and become chair instead of vice chair.
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: We need to find out if the bank deposits were done for the Pay Pal set up on-line. We also need to find out when we can use the pictures of Dragon (the armor, etc.).
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Damon started writing PSAs for tv/radio/high school newspapers.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- Regional conventions – RadCon, Etc. – Security and volunteering of any kind – A list needs to be formed very soon as to who is attending and who believes they will volunteer. Also a talk needs to happen about a room party at RadCon and Cthulthu Goo. What do we have and what do we need for the room party? Who has the recipe for C.G.? We need to build a budget for this.
- If you have anything you want to be on the agenda, please email your suggestions to Bob L.