MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
11/16/05 6:10 PM – 7:00 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY & EARL SMITH.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:10 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We are on track as far as time wise. Department chairs are all good and proceeding well.
- ART: Heidi received an email from Vallejo. He can’t make it or send any art (not a big surprise). Heidi has prepared 22 letters for local schools so far. She showed us the rough draft letter for the art show/art contest for students. She will be typing up a letter to send to Michaels to ask for donations for prizes. All artist invites almost ready to go. They will be sent after Jan. 1st .
- MERCHANTS: Jason brought Bob L. the letter he has prepared to send to merchants. They will be ready to go after Jan. 1st.
- GAMING: Need more help getting game fairs going. Need game masters.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Still waiting for responses. Will follow up with phone calls to teachers soon.
- TREASURER: Going to the bank tomorrow. The on-line banking will hopefully be up and running soon. Joy gave statements to Bob L. to give to Loretta.
- VIDEO: nothing to report
- SECURITY: Nick needs more suggestions of names for the “elite squad”. No official name for the “volunteer squad” yet. Nick needs to get Bob N. stuff for the website, volunteer info., etc. The checklist is done. The write up/”How to Book” is done. Earl & Nick need to put together some radio codes to give to Laura Hamilton of RadCon Security. Laura is sending Earl the layout maps and more knowledge on the hotel for RadCon volunteer security.
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: Bob L. has sample business cards, flyers & gaming flyers from Matt B. to be put on the web so we can all view them.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Bob L. will be getting Damon a sample press release so he can work out one of his own for MisCon.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report
- Regional conventions – RadCon, Etc. – Security and volunteering of any kind – A list needs to be formed very soon as to who is attending and who believes they will volunteer. Also a talk needs to happen about a room party at RadCon and Cthulhu Goo. What do we have and what do we need for the room party? Who has the recipe for C.G.? If Damon has it we need to get it from him. We need to build a budget for this.
- If you have anything you want to be on the agenda, please email your suggestions to Bob L.
- MisCon Bylaws are done and Bob L. gave a copy to Joy and Earl. – Needs to amend articles of corporation – see attached.
- Hotel contract is almost done.
- We need to schedule a trip to the hotel to figure out the merchants room set up and other layouts.