MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
12/07/05 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, JASON COX & EARL SMITH.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Hotel contract- We need to arrange meetings with Willie @ the hotel to set up the tables in the merchant’s room as well as art room. Currently Sundays seem to be best?
- Regional conventions – RadCon, Etc. – Security and volunteering of any kind – A list needs to be formed very soon as to who is attending and who believes they will volunteer. This as well as we should figure out carpooling, rooms, food etc.
- If you have anything you want to be on the agenda, please email your suggestions to Bob L.
- MisCon Bylaws are done and we will review them in the next meeting.
- Hotel contract is almost done.
- We voted to adopt Bob N’s suggestions concerning website links policy.
- 1. Any page /link/site that falls under our charter can go on the links page.
- a) exchanged links will be at the top of the page on a first-come basis
- b) other links will follow, also on a first-come basis
- 2. ”Sponsored” links will appear on other pages
- a) guests on front page and guests page
- b) Merchants and pbook ads on the merchants page and front page
- c) individual attendees (i.e. paid members) on a yet to be created “sponsored links page”
- 3. Any other links can be entered on the guestbook page
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We are on track
- ART: Heidi is canceling the student art contest. She is currently to over-whelmed in her real life. Maybe next year we can have the student contest/showing
- MERCHANTS: Jason will have a table map available soon.
- GAMING: Joe needs a vice chair. Anyone interested?
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Still waiting for responses. Will follow up with phone calls to teachers in January.
- TREASURER:. The on-line banking is hopefully up and running. Bob L. will call Loretta to confirm.
- VIDEO: Yeah Jeff!!!
- SECURITY: The Concom in attendance during the meeting on 12/21/05 will vote on the official name for the elite squad during the meeting. The volunteer squad will be called the Mook Squad. Nick and Earl have received the official map of the RadCon hotel as well as some other information from Laura, (the security head for RadCon).
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: Everything is super!!! Thanks for asking!!!!
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy needs more photos from other years for the collage of MisCon’s past. If you have photos, please get copies to Joy. Bob N. will put a banner calling for the same on the website.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report