MISCON MINUTES FOR BI-WEEKLY MEETING
12/21/05 6:00 PM – 6:55 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE
BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, HEIDI WISELEY, DAMON SEBESTIN, LORETTA WILLIAMS, JOE TAYLOR AND JESS CONRAD.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- We currently have money left at Staples (13.00). Please e-mail the chair with requests.
- Bob is rewording some of the by-laws so that the board of directors are not required to pay dues. Also Concom, although also exempt, will also be eligible for the board. Please continue to review the by-laws and pass all suggestions to Bob.
- Bob N. has created a secure part of the website for uploading files. A discussion arose as to user groups, and who needed access. Bob N. is working on it.
- We will be meeting with Willie the sales manager from Ruby’s on January, 7, at 1400 hours. The intent is to do some hands-on figuring of the merchant’s room and the art room. All interested in coming along are welcome.
- RadCon rooms: Contact Bob L. to coordinate “events” at RadCon as well as rides over there and back.
- The suggestion box, and Joe’s ideas:
- At the art auction start with items that have bids
- Put names of artist that have art at MisCon on the Website
- Post the art auction rules online
- Create a temporary badge for attendees that arrive after hours, and have security be the only ones able to issue after a specified hour
- Create dealer packets with information about donating, Cthulhu-cash, and other nuances of the convention
- Keep hospitality open for dealers
- Consider having security spell the dealers so they can run to the bathroom/hospitality
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: We are on track, however we still need the individual departments to finish their “how-to” books/write ups. We also have a new treasurer vice chair: Jess Conrad
- ART: So far everything is on track. Heidi still needs the artists e-mail addresses from Bob L.
- MERCHANTS: nothing to report
- GAMING: Joe has made a questionnaire for gamers, and will be sending a copy to Concom for review.
- WRITERS WORKSHOP: Letters will be mailed out January second
- TREASURER:. We are considering switching banks and or accounts. Loretta is also having trouble with the online banking currently. We will discuss more
- VIDEO: Yeah Jeff!!!
- SECURITY: Nick forgot the list, so the Concom in attendance during the meeting on 01/04/06 will vote on the official name for the elite squad during the meeting. Laura from RadCon has also arranged a special rate for all members of the MisCon Security team traveling over to volunteer in their security. She however needs names and money by 1/5/06. Contact Nick H. with questions
- REGISTRATION: nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: nothing to report
- PROGRAMMING: nothing to report
- WEB: nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: nothing to report
- MEDIA RELATIONS: Vote for Laura for vice-chair of RadCon. You must pay your membership first, then you can vote online.
- MASQUERADE: nothing to report