MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
01/03/07, 1800 – 1920 HOURS
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, BOB NORTON, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER AND CATE DAVENPORT.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:00 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
We are now meeting at Ruby’s Reserve Street Inn, either in the fireside, or the board room.
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. will ping the Concom, and then make sure he has everyone’s current and correct phone #’s and information. No one is going to RustyCon. We need to get more ideas for the Bellydance Car Wash. We are tenatively scheduling it for early May on a weekend. We need to talk to Sparky about this. Bob L. is getting feedback from Pro’s as to when they want certain panels to be scheduled. Are we affording Adam Golaski? We need to form a RadCon List of who is going for sure. The MisCon room will be open from Thurs. before RadCon to Mon. after.
- ART: Heidi will be dropping off the list of artists to Bob tonight so they won’t contact an artist twice. We need to double check with Heidi that the letters were mailed out to the artists.
- MERCHANTS: Invitation letters have been mailed today. There is a new merchant that sells Myles Pickney artwork that may decide to come.
- GAMING: Friday January 27th is the game fair at the UC. It is on the front page of the website. Joe is still contacting game companies for prize support.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate is going to high schools. She’s possibly going to get Hellgate to put W.W. into their curriculum. She also spoke with White Hall High School and others here in town. Everything is running on track.
- TREASURER: Bob L. finished all the OryCon receipts. We all need to get Budget reports to Eric and we all need to “review and predict”.
- VIDEO: Coming along good. James is setting up the short film festival. Doing advertising and it is going well.
- SECURITY: Looks like, so far, the Squid Squad consists of: Earl, Damon, Scott, Heidi, Mike Ingrum, Laura (RadCon), Jason (RadCon) and for Mooks we have for sure: Ernie, Jeff Fallon and possibly some more people from RadCon. Faith and Nick still need to finalize the uniform and Nick needs to figure out “rewards for service”.
- REGISTRATION: Jess needs a list of the security Squid Squad members and ConCom. Jess is meeting with Bob L. via phone once a week.
- HOSPITALITY: We really need a chair.
- PROGRAMMING: Updating schedule grids. Bob L. will be emailing them to ConCom to review.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon emailed “prototype” badges to Bob L. Damon needs more bios and write ups for the departments.
- WEB: Bob N. transferred $500 into the bank account from PayPal. Bob N. will be transferring periodically when PayPal gets to it’s capacity. Cate needs to finish updating the Costume Pageant page
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Our chunk of highway is supposedly between Stephens and Orange St. Bob L. will be getting more exact details. Bob L. needs to send the fliers soon. We need two types. A mundane flier for those who don’t know what a Science Fiction/Fantasy Convention is, and a geek flier for those who do.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: There will be a panel on Friday of the Con followed by another one Sat. morning. These will be about costume construction. Contestants will meet with Cate one hour before the pageant on Sat. The judges will meet with Cate half an hour before the pageant to go over rules and the preset categories.