MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/21/07, 1809 – 2000 HOURS
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, BOB NORTON, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, JAMES MCGAHEE, HEIDI CARSTEN, DAMON SEBESTIN, MARC JOHNSON AND CATE DAVENPORT.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:09 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
We are now meeting at Ruby’s Reserve Street Inn, either in the fireside, or the board room.
- Marc Johnson is now the Vice Con Chair. He will need a list of duties. #1 He is the back up for Bob.
- The t-shirt order will be $50 more than Bob had originally claimed. The picture for the t-shirts needs to be a bit map instead of a jpg. Once everything gets straightened out we will have the shirts very quickly.
- Game Storm Con in Portland is the end of March. Bob L. is definitely going, possibly Eric, Anybody else coming? Bob will also take flyers and some t-shirts to the con.
- The Car Wash is tentatively May 5th. Sparky is excited about it and will definitely make it. Mike and Patty Briggs will participate and possibly Kaye Roberson and some other belly dancers may come with Sparky.
- The Trivia Questions are good to go.
- Unfortunately there is no more Meagan as the Web vice Chair, so Cate is the vice now.
- The flyers need to be re-worked. They don’t jump out at you whilst hanging on a wall. The MisCon flyers (“Got Game” with the dice) were very good to catch attention hanging up at RadCon. Damon will rework the flyers targeting different areas/groups with specific stuff.
- Bob L. need everyone’s department lists of duties and “how to” booklets.
- RadCon Report: There were approximately 1,850 people. The Fan Film section was awesome. We liked the use of the big screen TV in the lobby area. The info/minion table was liked but had some drawbacks and dislikes. Most people just went to the security desk or were directed there. Really liked the big schedules hung up on the wall. They were very helpful. The RadCon security staff wearing white t-shirts was very helpful at finding the staff when you needed someone. MisCon Party went really well. We’re going to keep it Friday night instead of Saturday night from now on. We may need to create two batches of Cthulhu Goo instead of one.
- Some ideas that arose after attending RadCon:
“You Are Here” Maps (with arrows and red dots, etc.) hung up around our hotel to better assist members in finding their way to events or panels, etc.
Color coding the gaming schedule. It would help to find different “types” of games members want to play.
Nick has ideas about Squid Squad outfits and what color the shirts should be this year, but he needs to discuss with Bob L.
- ART: Several invites have been lost in the mail. Heidi will have to resend some. The map is almost finished.
- MERCHANTS: Everything is on schedule and looking good.
- GAMING: Joe is still trying to get prize support. The gaming schedule is being worked.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate says everything is running on track.
- TREASURER: Bob L. gave some receipts to Cate (because she is the vice chair). They are from RadCon – MisCon room party supplies, etc. $186.35 + one sale of t-shirt – donations from the room party. $40.00 random promotional stuff that sold at room party. Please remember to get budgets to Cate and Eric ASAP. Cate will try to work on the 501c3. Damon will have to give it to Bob L. to email to Cate.
- VIDEO: James needs the schedule grid and hotel map. He also needs lists of movies that co elate with “Coming of Age”. He will also need the actual, physical DVDs from people who have agreed to let him use their DVDs. Bob L. and James will have to review and filter out the garbage of the film festival videos before letting them be shown. James needs ConCom video picks ASAP.
- SECURITY: Nick has gained more hope that perhaps some more people will show up to be on Security this year. RadCon Security members are all “maybes”. Nick and Earl need to get the Security t-shirt order to Bob L. Nick debriefed on RadCon Security and some of his experiences while working at RadCon this year. Nick would like to have security/ops room open with a desk at the door and someone manning it at all times. Bob, Nick and Joy will talk about this in length at another time.
- REGISTRATION: Nothing to report
- HOSPITALITY: We have Clayton (the Hospitality Chair for RadCon) interested in being our chair. We are all saying ‘yes’ because we really need a chair.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob is continually working on the schedule grid. He will email it to ConCom.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon is still working on it.
- WEB: Bob L. will “ping” everyone’s email addresses again. Bob N. needs pics sent to him from RadCon. An idea for a panel that needs some advertising on the web is: “What were you thinking?” panel for authors and artists (pros and gohs). Bob N. will fix the flyer that is on the web right now.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Bob L., Marc and Heidi will have a meeting with Joy to go over duties and stuff sometime soon as Joy cannot be there during the con.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob L. will be doing more work, however he is current with the Cons through the end of March.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Nothing to report