MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
02/28/07 6:15 P.M. – 7:40 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, BOB NORTON, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, GENE MEALEY, REID JONES, ERIK WELTON AND CATE DAVENPORT.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
We are now meeting at Ruby’s Reserve Street Inn, either in the fireside, or the board room.
- CONCHAIR: Bob L. talked to Scott at Team Shirts. Everything seems to be working now. It will be $72.00 more than Bob originally thought. The Car Wash will be April 28th (for sure this time), however the Belly Dancers are concerned with the location. EVERYONE PLEASE BE THERE TO PARTICIPATE ANDSUPPORT MISCON – THANK YOU!!!!!!
- ART: Heidi needs room dimensions from Joe.
- MERCHANTS: Everything is on schedule and looking good. World Games is planning on coming this year.
- GAMING: Joe is still trying to get prize support. The gaming schedule is being worked.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate says everything is running on track. There have been a couple of changes to the website (some wording and stuff about the anthology).
- TREASURER: Bob L. mailed out stuff today and spent money. He gave receipts to Erik. Joy will make her copies of the bank statements before next meeting and bring the originals to give to Erik at next meeting. Joy verified that Pay Pal information is now showing up on the bank statements.
- VIDEO: Video and Film Festival info is updated and up on the web now. James still needs ConCom video picks ASAP.
- SECURITY: Nick talked to Earl about the t-shirt order. Nick and Bob need to have a meeting before next MisCon meeting. Nick needs to remember to email Laura Hamilton to find out who from RadCon will be coming to MisCon to work on security. Nick would like to have security/ops room open with a desk at the door and someone manning it at all times. Bob, Nick and Joy will talk about this in length at another time.
- REGISTRATION: Jess is keeping in touch and everything is going good.
- HOSPITALITY: Bob would like to email Clayton (the Hospitality Chair for RadCon) about food ideas (and the ideas from Cate)…..Late night pancake meal……Different “main” entrée for each day of the con…..Joy’s Dad’s Chili (Joy needs to remember to speak with her Dad in length about this)…….More healthier selection……
- PROGRAMMING: Bob is continually working on the schedule grid. He will email it to ConCom. Joy suggested having a “Scheduling Party” to bounce ideas for panels and events off each other while relaxing at Bob’s house so Bob wouldn’t feel totally alone about the scheduling and others could help
- PROGRAM BOOK: Ad Prices: Should we keep them the same, drop them or change them entirely? We will hold off on making a decision about this until we discover how much the costs for the program book were last year and then we will need to determine the prices for the cover (in color). Eric needs to find the receipts, etc. from last year. Bob will call the printer for an estimate o what it will cost this year. An idea for the pocket program this year; have the pages easy to tear out in the center of the program book.
- WEB: Bob L. will “ping” everyone’s email addresses again. Bob N. needs pics sent to him from RadCon. Marc Johnson and Clayton (Hosp. Chair) are now on the ConCom page on the web. Joe’s email addresses are all full. Some people’s email addresses at miscon.org are not getting emails (the ping from Bob L.).
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Bob L., Marc and Heidi will have a meeting with Joy to go over duties and stuff sometime soon as Joy cannot be there during the con. Joy is working on the department write up for the program book. We all need to get together to work this out.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob L. will be doing more work, however he is current with the Cons through the end of March.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Nothing to report
- REALMS OF AVALON: Gene Mealey went over his panels and events with ConCom and explained new ones to everyone and talked about logistics, security, tables in the lobby, etc.