MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/07/07 6:03 P.M. – 7:15 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, BOB NORTON, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, MARC JOHNSON, JOE TAYLOR & HEIDI CARSTEN (for the beginning).
Meeting was called to order @ 6:03 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
We are now meeting at Ruby’s Reserve Street Inn, either in the fireside, or the board room.
- CONCHAIR: Bob did not call Scott the (Team Shirts guy).
The Car Wash will be April 28th (confirmed). EVERYONE PLEASE BE THERE TO PARTICIPATE AND SUPPORT MISCON – THANK YOU!!!!!!
Nick will see about getting car wash soap and sponges and a “brush on a stick” (possibly with a hose attachment) from ACE. Joy will check Goodwill and like places for old towels we can use to wash and dry with.
Our Highway Pickup for our “Adopt a Highway” responsibility will be March 24th 4-6pm (roughly). We will meet at Bob L.’s house. EVERYONE PLEASE BE THERE TO PARTICIPATE AND SUPPORT MISCON (and pick up trash with us – it will be fun J) – THANK YOU!!!!!!
- ART: Heidi has a big map. 82 panels. She finished sending out the rest of the invites.
- MERCHANTS: Everything is on schedule and looking good. We have a new vendor this year. His name is Saul’s Audio Cd’s and he has paid.
- GAMING: Joe is still trying to get prize support. The gaming schedule is being worked. Some DM’s have committed.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Bob L. really needs a definitive list of critiquing authors ASAP so he can site them in the schedule grid, etc.
- TREASURER: Deposited $50.00 for Saul’s membership. Total in the bank today is: $2780.53.
- VIDEO: James still needs ConCom video picks ASAP.
- SECURITY: Nick talked to Faith. The armor idea is not going to happen this year. But definitely next year. Bob and Nick will have a meeting tonight. Nick needs to schedule a meeting with the Squid Squad.
- REGISTRATION: Jess is keeping in touch and everything is going good. 2 memberships were bought on-line.
- HOSPITALITY: Bob is getting a list compiled from Mike Roe. He still needs the soda brands and amounts of each. We’re thinking we should offer something vegetarian on the menu. Clayton hasn’t answered any emails. Bob L. said he will contact Joy, the chair of RadCon, for help.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob needs to know Judges names for Costume Pageant, authors names for W.W. and other panelists names for various panels ASAP so he can complete a rough draft of the schedule grid.
- PROGRAM BOOK: The printer will be charging us the same that he charged us last year. Damon wants us to pick out a good font (or two or three) that he should do the program book in. He will print out a selection and we will all vote.
- WEB: Bob N. is a little behind with RadCon pictures and a couple of updates for pages (i.e. registration).
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Bob L., Marc and Heidi will have a meeting with Joy to go over duties and stuff sometime soon as Joy cannot be there during the con. Joy is working on the department write up for the program book. We all need to get together to work this out.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: One packet of flyers came back from a con (undeliverable). We are still waiting on receipts from Erik to make a definitive decision about the AD prices for this year.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Nothing to report (Bob really needs the Judges names ASAP)
- REALMS OF AVALON: Gene Mealey called Bob L. and confirmed his panels.