MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/14/07 6:12 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com
BOB LOVELY, BOB NORTON, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, CATE DAVENPORT & HEIDI CARSTEN.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:12 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
We are now meeting at Ruby’s Reserve Street Inn, either in the fireside, or the board room.
- CONCHAIR: The t-shirts are almost done. The security shirts are now ordered. (Bob L. checked on this 3/13/07).
Nick will get a quote on how much supplies for the car wash will cost from ACE. Bob N. will price soap at Costco. Bob L. will check on getting rags/towels. The Car Wash will be April 28th (confirmed). EVERYONE PLEASE BE THERE TO PARTICIPATE AND SUPPORT MISCON – THANK YOU!!!!!!
Our Highway Pickup for our “Adopt a Highway” will be March 24th 4-6pm. We will meet at Bob L.’s house. EVERYONE PLEASE BE THERE TO PARTICIPATE AND SUPPORT MISCON (and pick up trash with us – it will be fun J) – THANK YOU!!!!!!
- ART: Heidi followed up with the artists. She made some adjustments to the rules. The 4 confirmed artists we have so far are: Betsy Mott, Jeff Ward, Theresa Mather and Tiffany.
- MERCHANTS: We need to map Saul Snatsky and World Games (2 tables).
- GAMING: Gene Mealey will print some “motivational posters” for the gaming room.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: The authors that will be doing W.W. are: Jay Lake, Jim Glass, and Maggie Bonham. Cate has suggested we take a look at Holly Black as a possible author guest of honor for MisCon 2009.
- TREASURER: Bob L. gave Cate receipts and checks to be deposited. Joy gave her the bank statements.
- VIDEO: James still needs ConCom video picks ASAP.
- SECURITY: Tentative meeting scheduled for Tuesday 3/20 8:00pm
- REGISTRATION: Jess is keeping in touch and everything is going good.
- HOSPITALITY: Bob L. called Joy Stout (from RadCon) to contact Clayton. Awaiting a response. Bob will finish the menu.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob now has the authors names for W.W. and other panelists names for various panels so he can complete a rough draft of the schedule grid once he has the Judges names for Costume Pageant.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Last years program book Costs = 3 cents per page or 12 cents per full sheet and 39 cents per color face. The Ad prices will be $80, $40, $20 and $10. Color pages will be $100 (full page only). And the back cover will be $120 (first come, first serve). There will not be a free Barnes & Noble ad, however there should be a free Ruby’s ad. Bob L. will go talk to businesses downtown and various other places (Rockin’ Rudy’s to name one) to ask if they would like to buy ad space.
- WEB: Nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob is the man.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Cate will make sure she has the Judges names for the pageant by next week.