MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/21/07 6:09 P.M. – 7:20 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTEN, and JAMES McGAHEE
Meeting was called to order @ 6:09 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
We are now meeting at Ruby’s Reserve Street Inn, either in the fireside, or the board room.
- CONCHAIR: The t-shirts are here. The shirts cost $854.00 for 69 shirts, 14 Concom shirts and 13 security and Mook shirts. The 69 are broken up into 5 purple, 10 black, and 54 gray-full color. Bob will take some to Game Storm at the end of March.
The Car Wash is on track. So far we have Sparky, Mike, Pattie and the kids all coming to help out. Kaye and Kyle, Debbie and Tom are possibly going to make it up. We still need towels. Nick will be picking up a brush on a stick, soap, and scrubbies. Sparky is bringing buckets. Cate is going to pick up some towels at T.J. Max. Joy and Nick will bring two ladders, and extra five gallon buckets if needed. Cate has also promised brownies to all who help.
Our Adopt a highway pick-up is this Saturday, March 24th. Every one should meet at Bob L’s apartment at 4pm. He will have all the supplies there.
John Murphy suggested that MisCon have a food bank donation box for non-perishable foods. Joy followed by suggesting it be in the Hospitality room.
- ART: Heidi received Beth Hansen’s invite back again. This is the third time of having it returned to sender. Bill Warren is going to let Heidi know if he can make it. Ellisa Mitchell contacted Heidi about the art she will send.
- MERCHANTS: The map has been up-dated. Four people have confirmed, and three others are “pretty sure”.
- GAMING: Nothing
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate talked to Jay Lake and he confirmed that he will be a critiquer. Maggie Bonham is not confirmed, and she must e-mail her again. She also needed Paris’s e-mail, until Bob L. gave it to her at meeting. Jim Glass also needs to be confirmed. Cate e-mailed McClintock and she will do it again.
The writers workshop page on the web site will be revised to say only the participants can be in the room during the critique.
- TREASURER: Cate will contact Eric again and bug him. She has some paper work to give to him. Bob L. Informed Cate he wrote check #1224 to Team Shirts for $854.00
- VIDEO: James bought a 500 Gig hard drive for the video room. He may need another, and will know by the middle of next month. Withoutabox.com has a free listing to put “video festival films” in. James will do a write-up for our festival and send it to Concom for review.
- SECURITY: Meeting canceled and rescheduled for next Tuesday after the “M” hike. Nick would like to know if we can budget to buy another camera. Cate said she may have some radios to donate to the convention.
- REGISTRATION: We received two more memberships today.
- HOSPITALITY: Joy will talk to her father about cooking the chili again this year. Bob L. will e-mail a list of hospitality menu ideas. Cate has crock pots, banquet servers, etc. Have not heard from Clayton. Joy from RadCon e-mailed back.
- PROGRAMMING: The grid was e-mailed to Concom today.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Ad requests were e-mailed to Concom today. Make suggestions and e-mail back. Please suggest “clear and readable” fonts to Damon.
- WEB: Nothing to report
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob is the man.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Cate still needs to confirm judges