MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
03/28/07 6:12 P.M. – 7:20 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, JOE TAYLOR, ERIK WELTON (for a couple minutes), and REID JONES.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:12 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The Car Wash is on track and still scheduled for April 28th. 10 am to 4 or 5 pm.
Our Adopt a Highway pick-up went pretty well. We had 5 people and we did 2 ½ hours worth of trash pick-up. Bob L. needs to talk to Larry because he said he would make sure we have sign bases next time. We all still need to do from 6th Street to the Freeway Onramp.
John Murphy suggested that MisCon have a food bank donation box for non-perishable foods. Joy followed by suggesting it be in the Hospitality room. We need to make a sign for this.
Also, ANY SIGNS, WHICH ANY DEPARTMENT NEEDS CREATED, NEED TO BE GIVEN TO JOY AHEAD OF TIME SO SHE CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE GOING ON VACATION.
Bob L. will have a meeting with Willie himself and then Nick will meet with him at a later time. The Party Room Discussion: 4 party rooms above the pool area. Idea: take the small room above hospitality and put the stuff from the part rooms into that room. We need to figure out how to know how many room parties are being planned. Idea: a scroll banner on the web advertising the room party rooms specifically. The t-shirt prices for this year are: $15 for color, $12 other, & $10 for past year con shirts.
- ART: nothing to report
- MERCHANTS: Muse wants 4 tables again (in the corner again as well). Bob will catch Amanda with her check book and then that spot will be paid for. Pros and Steel will be here (Master Jess Rm 144). No word from Swordmasters as of yet.
- GAMING: No luck with getting price support so far. The schedule will be brought next week.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Maggie and Jay are confirmed. Have not heard from Jim Glass and still need Parris’ email to try him. Probably have 4 or 5 entrants.
- TREASURER: Cate called Erik but no response. Erik came in to drop off some receipts that Bob had wanted but did not need anymore. Cash partial payment from James for t-shirts for himself and his wife. Bob L. gave all receipts and cash to Cate. Our CD is coming mature. Cate needs to go and withdraw the money and put it in the regular account. Give all budgets to the treasurer!!!!
- VIDEO: James has created his own form to submit videos with. He will go over it individually on the web. Also, he wants to discuss an “Awards Gala” / Reception, etc…..
- SECURITY: There was a meeting last night. It went alright. Nick needs to email Cate about the second camera ASAP.
- REGISTRATION: We received two more memberships and then another tonight.
- HOSPITALITY: Bob L. is hospitality chair and Marc is vice chair. Clayton cannot come to MisCon and therefore cannot be the chair. We went over more menu ideas. Also, WE NEED LOTS OF COFFEE CANS FOR JOY’S FATHER’S CHILI!!!!! Nick wants a “Sausage Fest” to figure out which sausages to have at Hospitality. Need to find out what the nightly entrees will be and who will prepare them.
- PROGRAMMING: Almost done with the schedule grid. It is a “Work in Progress”
- PROGRAM BOOK: Bob L. asked numerous businesses (even more than were on the list) if they would buy Ad spots in our program book.
- WEB: Bob N. will fix the gaming page. He also needs an email from Cate. He needs a blurb about the Adopt a Hwy. Needs volunteers fill out form put on front page.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Bob L. will talk to Heidi and figure out the blurb for the program book regarding Volunteers = Bob and Ops = Heidi……
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Bob is the man.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: nothing to report