MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/04/07 6:06 P.M. – 7:10 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, JESS WRIGHT and REID JONES.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:06 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The Car Wash is on track and still scheduled for April 28th. 10 am to 4 or 5 pm. Sparky will bring the soap for the car wash. Nick will buy some more supplies from Ace. > The Book Exchange had a lot of trivia questionnaires filled out when Bob picked them up. > Bob L. had a good meeting with Willie. > We all agree that we will try to get Holly Black as a guest author for 2009 (she seems really cool). > The estimate for the flyer idea is $535 for 1,000 ct.
Also, ANY SIGNS, WHICH ANY DEPARTMENT NEEDS CREATED, NEED TO BE GIVEN TO JOY AHEAD OF TIME SO SHE CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE GOING ON VACATION.
- ART: Joe needs the diagram of the art room set up. > Sarah Clemens (2 panels) & Erika McGinnis (1 panel), both sent in their “intent” forms with payment. > Bob will call Ellisa Mitchell. > We can’t seem to get Beth Hansen’s invite letter to her. It keeps getting forwarded but never actually reaching her.
- MERCHANTS: Muse paid for 4 tables again (in the corner again as well).
- GAMING: Joe is working on the updated thing for the web. He wants to know if he can borrow $100 for the Joker’s Wild Conference room for the Larp during MisCon. Bob will talk to him more about this later. Joe is still working on the gaming schedule and attempting to get prize support.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: nothing to report
- TREASURER: Deposited $500 for Muse, some art panels, the Ad from Muse, the Ad from RT Hitchcock (back page). Bob wrote a check to Office City for Joy’s file box. The total balance as of today (until the cd comes mature) is $2,505.99. It will be closer to $3k once the cd gets deposited into the checking account.
- VIDEO: All the movies will be on James’ hard drive this year. We will have a locking door to the bathroom in the Video Room and that is where his hard drive will be set up.
- SECURITY: Another meeting is needed (mainly with Earl). There will be at least 5 Squid Squad this year (and a handful of known Mooks). Nick emailed the map of the hotel and sections to the S.S.. Nick needs to email Cate about the second camera ASAP.
- REGISTRATION: Gave some Reg. forms to Jess. T-Shirts will be $12 & $5 – 3 people will be refunded for their shirts that they bought at $18. The list is going well. We have 34 Regs. so far. We need new cords (instead of ribbon) - - Idea about lanyards. We need Damon to get together with Jess to discuss and do badges so then ConCom can receive training on Registration.
- HOSPITALITY: Bob L. is pretty much done with the list. We need to figure out the nightly entrees. Sausage Fest is Sat. the 7th 6pm at the Hunter’s house. Also, WE NEED LOTS OF COFFEE CANS FOR JOY’S FATHER’S CHILI!!!!!
- PROGRAMMING: Almost done with the schedule grid. It is a “Work in Progress”. Bob needs to schedule a time for his own reading. (Maybe a panel idea)…… The descriptions are done. Pros and Gohs individual schedules are almost done. (“Guest/Pro Itinerary”)
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon wants blurbs.
- WEB: Bob N. will update the badges #s. He needs to add Muse to the Merchants Map. He needs to put something about “Room Party” rooms on the home page of the website. He also needs something about the “Adopt A Highway” on the site too.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Bob L. explained to Heidi what exactly Operations is all about. Bob needs volunteers!
PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com