MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/11/07 6:25 P.M. – 7:10 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JOE TAYLOR and REID JONES.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:25 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The Car Wash is on track and still scheduled for April 28th. 10 am to 4 or 5 pm. Sparky will bring the soap for the car wash. Nick will buy some more supplies from Ace. Bob had an idea about possibly renting some towels from Missoula Textiles. He will call them for prices. Need poster boards for advertising. Bob needs to go the places to advertise (i.e. TV/radio/papers, etc.).> The room rate is $6o for the rooms the convention uses. > ConCom Con is June 8th – 10th in Seattle. Bob wants to go but may not be able to go. He wants to know if anyone else is able and willing to attend. It may be worth it to have the Treasury of MisCon pay for the trip.> As soon as this year’s con is over Bob will be working on 2008 schedule grid. > He has been trying to get a hold of Holly Black to invite her but to no avail.
Also, ANY SIGNS, WHICH ANY DEPARTMENT NEEDS CREATED, NEED TO BE GIVEN TO JOY AHEAD OF TIME SO SHE CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE GOING ON VACATION.
- ART: Heidi has 8 people confirmed. There are lots of panels left. Bob actually spoke to Ellisa Mitchell. Bill emailed Bob L.. RadCon hasn’t paid him so he’s not sure if he will be able to come to MisCon. Myles wants to make sure he has the projector / computer system he needs to show his art in his panels. Bob has contacted other people who will be bringing their systems and trying to get them to talk to each other about logistics, etc. Joe will be making more/new panels – getting stuff from Lowe’s (82 panels total).
- MERCHANTS: No one new. Bob L. emailed Swordmasters but hasn’t heard back yet.
- GAMING: Schedule is starting to come together. The Wizards of the Coast company needs 2 months notice for prize support, so none for MisCon but possibly for the first Game Fair after con. Still would like to go with the $100 room for the Larp at Joker’s Wild for one night. The Larp has requested a bigger area in which to run the game.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Jim Glass is for sure going to be an author critique. Justin Barba may be putting part of his novel in. Kaye and Kyle Roberson will be putting in their work. April 30th is the deadline.
- TREASURER: Joy gave statement to Cate. Bob L. wrote himself a check for the airplane tickets. He needs to write a check back to the con for the remainder. There were deposits made and then the receipts were given to Cate and a receipt for stamps. The cd matures tomorrow. Bob and Cate need to go to the bank to pull it out and put it in the checking account.
- VIDEO: Rocky Horror. We need someone to host a Rocky Horror Picture Show Party; and then we will move it to Large Programming. (Nick and Joy will ask Nick and Meg Matthaes if they want to host again.
- SECURITY: The “List of Rules” – Nick wants the list revised and/or looked at again. And then would like them posted on the web.
- REGISTRATION: Bob L. comp’d two memberships to Hanz. He’s throwing parties and advertising cons, etc., etc.
- HOSPITALITY: Marc is Hosp. Vice Chair and he’s been pricing things at Costco. Nick talked to Dee Dee’s World Foods and they want to donate and give us good prices on sausages. Joy liked the brats from there the best during Sausage Fest and thinks they would be a good “Con-Dog”. Nick will take Bob L. (and Marc if he’s available) and they will talk to the Dee Dee’s owners again. Pancake Dinner = Bob L. will handle. Burrito Dinner = Marc will handle. Spaghetti Dinner = both will handle. Reid might be able to get a donation of bread for the spaghetti dinner. Also, WE NEED LOTS OF COFFEE CANS FOR JOY’S FATHER’S CHILI!!!!!
- PROGRAMMING: The schedule grid will be sent to Bob to be updated.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon wants blurbs. Give Damon all write ups.
- WEB: More regs came in on Pay Pal. Bob N. still doesn’t have the Adopt A Highway stuff up yet.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joy gave Bob the Cthulhu Cash. Bob showed Joy the Game Storm “Bucks”.
- OPS: nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: We really need to advertise about the upcoming car wash to get a lot of people interested.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: nothing to report