MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/18/07 6:13 P.M. – 7:10 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JOE TAYLOR, JOHN MURPHY and REID JONES.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:13 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The Car Wash is on track and still scheduled for April 28th. 10 am to 4 or 5 pm. Sparky will bring the soap for the car wash. Nick will buy some more supplies from Ace. Too expensive to rent some towels from Missoula Textiles. We expect we will need about 2 dozen. Heidi will price towels at Kmart. Bob/Joe will look at Shopko/Walmart/Target. > The conchair budget is not quite right yet. > Bob will get a new “room night” list tonight after the meeting. So far – 75 and still going up. Bob is still trying to get a hold of Holly Black to invite her.
Also, ANY SIGNS, WHICH ANY DEPARTMENT NEEDS CREATED, NEED TO BE GIVEN TO JOY AHEAD OF TIME SO SHE CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE GOING ON VACATION.
- ART: The art room panel cost quote from Joe. We reviewed it and it will cost $442.03 total. Heidi believes her hours for the art room will be 9am to 7pm. She heard from Sandra (3 panels). Heidi emailed Josephine Wall – no response. Heidi will go through a disc from Scott to see what’s on there from past cons, etc. All paperwork for Art was on Scott’s computer.
- MERCHANTS: No one new. Bob L. emailed Swordmasters but hasn’t heard back yet.
- GAMING: 18 GM’s running 28 games for 148 hours of gaming ….so far….. Joe was able to rent one room at the Joker’s Wild for the Larp. He will still need to “borrow” a party room that is not being used for Sat. night for a Larp. He gave Cate receipts.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: ALL IS FINE!!! April 30th is the deadline.
- TREASURER: Bob is still looking for lanyard prices etc. The local guy’s estimate is 7 to 10 days – just under $100. Bob gave info about plane tickets to Cate - $428.24. Bob gave her the check reimbursing the con for the plane tickets. The cd transfer was $3,112.15 so our approx. total is $5,238.88. Cate needs all budgets except: gaming, security, ops, volunteers and conchair. Last year’s rough estimate of revenue and projected budget/ revenue for this year is what she needs.
- VIDEO: Rocky Horror. We need someone to host a Rocky Horror Picture Show Party; and then we will move it to Large Programming. (Nick and Joy will ask Nick and Meg Matthaes if they want to host again. *** UPDATE – Meg will ask Nick if he wants to host again.
- SECURITY: Nick needs to email security camera info to Cate ASAP!
- REGISTRATION: 37 pre regs so far.
- HOSPITALITY: Marc and Bob have been working on what they will be spending, etc. and then will email a list to concom. Also, WE NEED LOTS OF COFFEE CANS FOR JOY’S FATHER’S CHILI!!!!!
- PROGRAMMING: The schedule grid is a work in progress.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon had Bob show a rough draft of the cover page of the program book to concom for feedback. > Damon wants blurbs. Give Damon all write ups.
- WEB: One new reg on the web – that makes it 38 pre regs. Bob N. will do a money transfer of $300 next week.
- VOLUNTEERS: Joe said he got some gamers to promise to volunteer for Bob.
- OPS: nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: We need a larger logo to Cage Press. Bob called Cate to ask if she did it (“not yet, but will”).
- COSTUME PAGEANT: nothing to report