MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
04/25/07 6:01 P.M. – 6:48 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JESS WRIGHT, JAMES MCGAHEE AND JOHN MURPHY.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:01 p.m. by Nick Hunter.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The Car Wash is on track and still scheduled for this Saturday April 28th. 10 am to 4 or 5 pm. Sparky will bring the soap for the car wash. Nick bought some more supplies (mitts, gloves, turtle wax soap) from Ace. We expect we will need about 2 dozen towels. If you can bring old towels for drying, please do. Cate is bringing brownies, goodies, etc. Joy will bring a ladder, sun block, some folding chairs and the signs. Joy would like to have a sign party to make signs advertising the car wash. Bob will bring the coffee. Heidi will bring water bottles. Joy will look for her cash box and maybe bring it also. > Bob is away at a con. Holly Black’s new book is out.
Also, ANY SIGNS, WHICH ANY DEPARTMENT NEEDS CREATED, NEED TO BE GIVEN TO JOY AHEAD OF TIME SO SHE CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE GOING ON VACATION.
- ART: Nothing back from Beth Hansen yet. No art has come in yet from anyone. Nick and Joy Reminder – Ask Shawn Taylor and Adam Hinther is they want to submit any art for the show and/or auction. At least to fill some space.
- MERCHANTS: No Bob.
- GAMING: No Joe.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: ALL IS FINE!!! April 30th is the deadline.
- TREASURER: Cate needs all budgets except: gaming, security, ops, volunteers and conchair.
- VIDEO: James has a lot to do. He needs movies from everyone. He will email a list of titles he needs to have to concom this week. Right now the entry fee is $25 – We’re thinking we need to change that. We still need someone to host a Rocky Horror Picture Show Party; and then we will move it to Large Programming. (Nick and Joy will ask Nick and Meg Matthaes if they want to host again. *** UPDATE – Meg will ask Nick if he wants to host again.***UPDATE – HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM MEG AND NICK YET.
- SECURITY: Nick needs to email security camera info to Cate ASAP! Nick has a meeting with the “ghosts” this Sat. Possibly a Tuesday meeting with S. S. soon.
- REGISTRATION: Jess needs the security list from Nick for badges. Bob is giving Jess a volunteer. We received 15 more pre regs. Jess got an email from Damon. He sent her a prototype of the badge for the single day pass (not quite what we were looking for). Jess will email James a copy of the rules so he too can work on a badge prototype like he wants to.
- HOSPITALITY: Nick, Marc and Bob need to go to Dee Dee’s soon and a decision needs to be made about the sausages. Also, WE NEED LOTS OF COFFEE CANS FOR JOY’S FATHER’S CHILI!!!!!
- PROGRAMMING: The schedule grid is a work in progress.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Concom would like to see a rough draft of the program book soon and more importantly, we need the badges done!
- WEB: Bob N. did a money transfer of $300 and we are already up to $250 again.
- VOLUNTEERS: No Bob.
- OPS: nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: No Bob.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: nothing to report