MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
05/02/07 6:25 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, MARC JOHNSON, JESS WRIGHT, JOE TAYLOR AND REID JONES.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:25 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The Car Wash went great!! We grossed $248 dollars. There was even some money for t-shirts and some MJ fund money. Joe still needs to know who is storing his step stools and needs to get them back.
Thurs. the 24th before con Logistics: Marc, Sig and Joe will pick up Bob and his many boxes of con related materials. They will have trucks.
Last week Bob L. was in Las Vegas for the Gamma Trade Show. He gave his card away to numerous people and made many contacts and generally schmoozed. Bob did meet John Kovalic and he may be a GOH in 2009 for MisCon.
We finally received the hotel contract and it is virtually the same as last year with a few higher prices.
Also, ANY SIGNS, WHICH ANY DEPARTMENT NEEDS CREATED, NEED TO BE GIVEN TO JOY AHEAD OF TIME SO SHE CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE GOING ON VACATION.
- ART: There has been no word from ANYONE…
Joe needs the info for the art panel production to send it through the correct channels to start buying the materials and then building.
- MERCHANTS: Bob L. has Chuck Bordell’s check for a table. No word yet from Swordmasters.
- GAMING: Bob L. gave Joe the contacts and Joe emailed them and actually got some responses. He still needs Wizards of the Coast to respond. He would like their prize support. Adrienne sent Joe all the Reaper stuff. She’ll be doing a lot of that this con. There are 12 more games.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Four submissions on the deadline. Kaye and Kyle Roberson, Justin Barba and Beth Walsh.
- TREASURER: $690 was taken in (memberships, etc.) Now the total is $6,228.88. We need to get all budgets to the treasurer asap.
- VIDEO: We have an entry into the film festival! YEA! James will be reassessing the fee for next year.. He needs movies from everyone. He will email a list of titles he needs to have to concom this week. Nick and Meg will host Rocky Horror Picture Show Party; and so we will move it to Large Programming. Meg will call Bob L. or James when they get to the con for logistics purposes.
- SECURITY: Nick had a meeting with the ghosts. Possibly 3 ghosts / 2 for sure. We really need a lot of volunteers (Mook Squad) this year to help out. If anyone knows someone good and who would be willing, send them to Nick. Cate is looking for another video camera. Nick’s video camera is obsolete now. Are the Security t-shirts done yet?
- REGISTRATION: We have over 50 pre regs now. Idea: Dropping some of the price for pre registering on-line next year. Damon, Jess, James and Bob will get together next week sometime to do badges. Jess would love to use a laptop, bur probably ill not have access. Asked Joe if she can use his computer again. Bob L. may be buying a new computer. Jess will make it really easy to get everyone trained, but we need badges to train everyone on. BBQ tickets will be sold by Hospitality (it will be much easier). Jess needs to talk to Nick about “late registering”. Jess needs a list of all Security members. Nick will email it to her tonight.
- HOSPITALITY: Marc is the new chair. Bob L. will be his Vice. Marc showed everyone his estimated costs and lists. Coffee cans will be going to Heidi’s freezer and Heidi and Marc will make sure they make it to the con. Bob/Nick will go to Dee Dee’s to figure out sausages and donations. The dinners will be: Fri – Burrito/Taco Dinner : Sat – Spaghetti with salad and donated bread (from Reid/Le Petite) : Sun – BBQ. Now Marc and Bob need to figure out shopping for supplies logistics and date/time.
- PROGRAMMING: The schedule grid is a work in progress. CJ Cherryh and Jane Fancher have cancelled. Bob will have to fill in some spots. MJ Engh was pulled off some panels due to too much scheduling. Bob will schedule the “foam rubber, bopping guys” for some panels, etc.
- PROGRAM BOOK: We would like a different font for the Program Book. We looked at the rough draft of the cover.
- WEB: Bob N. will put this on the website: “No Credit Cards will be accepted on site at registration.”
- VOLUNTEERS: Bob’s nephew Ben will be volunteering a lot.
- OPS: nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: We still need a larger logo for Café Press. We will buy the lanyards and we’re thinking about bumper stickers.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: nothing to report