MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
05/09/07 6:02 P.M. – 7:34 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, JESS WRIGHT, JAMES MCGAHEE AND JESS CONWAY.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:02 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: The convention is in sixteen days from this meeting. Heidi Bob and James still need to finish their department statements. Bob L. is still having trouble reaching Holly Black, but will try again. The security shirts are still not finished. Bob L. is also looking into bumper stickers for MisCon. Bill Warren also still has not given the badge art for badge #1 to the convention yet. Bob L. will contact him to fix this. Ruby’s has promised that Steve their maintenance super man will be offering recycling cans around the convention this year. Also Bob L. signed the final ideration of the contract this day. Bob L. also announced that he will register for Concomcon (June 8-10). He never heard back as to the free membership for Kate. There also will be another Adopt-a-highway clean up on May 19th. Everyone who can should meet at Bob L’s house at 2 pm.
- ART: Miles Pinkney only needs three panels now. Alan Clarke’s art arrived today. Terresa Mather’s art is also in. Heidi has changed the art room map to use more of the space. Heidi also contacted the local schools for art and once again no one responded. It was voted that it would be a better use of MisCon’s money to hold off on the art boards at this time as we do not need the space.
- MERCHANTS: Bob tried again to contact sword masters to verify that they are coming. No word back from them as yet. We seem to have not as many merchants this year.
- GAMING: We have a LAN. Fantasy Flight sent cards to help run their games, however they did not send any prize support.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: ALL IS FINE!!! We have four submissions. .
- TREASURER: We had a deposit today of $90 bringing our total to $6318
- VIDEO: We have one submission for the video contest!!!!! Please bring videos to James so he can put them on the hard drive.
- SECURITY: The RadCon contingent has said they are coming (Laura, Jason, with Wheeler, and Doug). We are still tracking down a camera. There has been mutterings that Earl may not be able to be at the convention, and thus meet the requirements on vice chair/acting chair. Nick is meeting with him about it.
- REGISTRATION: We have 70 pre reg’s. Saturday Bob L. and Jess will inventory all of the MisCon stuff in the storage locker. Demo’s of the badges will be here next Wednesday for approval.
- HOSPITALITY: Mark estimates it will take $2300 to buy all the stuff for hospitality. Bob L. said he would e-mail the exact numbers to Concom for them to look at. Mark and Bob will start their pre-shopping this week.
- PROGRAMMING: The schedule grid is done (ish).
- PROGRAM BOOK: the program is getting done.
- WEB: We still need to put the Adopt-a-highway info on the site. There will be a Schrek sign on the web site to let everyone know that we will have a group showing of Schrek on Friday.
- VOLUNTEERS: We are recruiting some volunteers.
- OPS: nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: Our printer told Bob L that he can make bumper stickers. Bob will look into it. The cafe press logo is still to small.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: nothing to report