MISCON MINUTES FOR WEEKLY MEETING
05/16/07 6:05 P.M. – 7:45 P.M.
AT RUBY’S RESERVE STREET INN (Board Room)
BY: SECRETARY – JOY HUNTER
IN ATTENDANCE:PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOB LOVELY, JOY, NICK & GUSTAV HUNTER, HEIDI CARSTENS, BOB NORTON, DAMON SEBESTIN, CATE DAVENPORT, JAMES MCGAHEE, JOE TAYLOR AND REID JONES.
Meeting was called to order @ 6:05 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- CONCHAIR: Our Adopt-a-Highway clean up will be June 2nd – Meet at Bob Lovely’s house at 4 pm. Bob has found out that Dragon, Parris, Cynthia Ward and Bill Warren are not coming. Please give all room set ups to Bob. MEETING NEXT THURSDAY 6PM IN THE BOARDROOM AND THEN SET UP FOR THE CON WILL FOLLOW.
- ART: Heidi received 3 boxes of art. Theresa Mather, Alan Clarke and Erica McGillis. No word on tony Steele yet. Ellissa M. will be sending her payment with her art. John Murphy is not able to come so therefore is no longer the art vice chair.
- MERCHANTS: Deb Fisher is getting 3 tables. She sent in her money this week. We have approx. 16 tables sold so far and a total of 8 merchants.
- GAMING: Bob L. has a lot of “give away” prizes. Joe is still keeping in touch with Wizards of the Coast and trying to get prize support for the Game Fairs and MisCon .22, since we have missed the deadline for MisCon 21 prize support.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate has mailed out the submissions and she will have them made into anthologies to sell at Registration.
- TREASURER: bob gave Cate some paperwork and receipts and “stuff”. Deposit slip to Cate - $6,328.27 Total as of today. Cate needs budgets from Art and Con chair, Reg, Hosp (Est $2,300 to spend). Bob will give Joy a check for her Dad for $33.21 for some chili supplies.
- VIDEO: James has too many movies then he has time slots for. We all threw out some random ideas on how to run movies and which ones to play at which times, etc. We have an entry into the film festival! YEA! He needs movies from everyone. He will email a list of titles he needs to have from concom this week. Nick and Meg will host Rocky Horror Picture Show Party; and so we will move it to Large Programming. Meg will call Bob L. or James when they get to the con for logistics purposes.
- SECURITY: Nick talked to Earl and he swears he will be there and work the whole con. Cate will be purchasing 2 more video cameras (around $100). Earl will come over tomorrow to pick up security box/supplies. If anyone needs to they can contact Nick up until 12pm on Friday the 18th.
- REGISTRATION: Bob L. needs a wireless card. Bob N. will get one to him. The Hard Drive – we need a MisCon only, permanent, internal hard drive. We are assuming that Jess wants to have a concom training session Sat. before the con to do preliminary badges etc. Damon showed everyone the badges he had made and art for the badges.
- HOSPITALITY: Now Marc and Bob need to go and shop for supplies.
- PROGRAMMING: The schedule grid is a work in progress. Bob L. needs to update the schedule again to give to Program Book.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon is 14 pages behind where he wanted to be by this time. He only has 11 pages done and there should be around 32 pages total. There will be a “proof reading party” before giving the p.book to the printers. We need to get it to the printer by Monday before the con.
- WEB: Bob N. will deposit approx. $320 from Pay Pal next week. Everything is up to date except the recent cancellations.
- VOLUNTEERS: There are a lot of people saying they are going to volunteer. Joy gave the signs and picture poster boards to Bob L.
- OPS: nothing to report
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: We still need a larger logo for Café Press. We will buy the lanyards and we’re thinking about bumper stickers.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: Myles Pickney and Jay Lake will be judges for pageant. Since there will be no Parris, suggestion: Kaye Roberson for another judge.