05/31/06 6:15 PM – 7:40 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON, CATE DAVENPORT, EARL SMITH, JOE TAYLOR, SCOTT WISELEY, DEJA WALTERS & DAMON SEBESTIN.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:15 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Currently: Committee for 2007 Chair: Bob Lovely Art: Heidi Wiseley / Deja Walters Merchants: Bob Lovely / ? Gaming: Joe Taylor / Tyson McArthur Writers Workshop: Cate Davenport / ? Treasurer: Erik Welton / ? Video: James McGahee / Cate Davenport Security: Nicholas Hunter / Earl Smith & Reid Jones Registration: Jess Conrad / Bob Norton?/ Jeff Roper? Hospitality: Mike Roe / ? Programming: Bob Lovely / ? Program Book: Damon Sebestin / ? Website: Bob Norton / ? Volunteers/Ops/Secretary: Joy Hunter / ?? Public Relations: Bob Lovely / ? Costume Pageant: Cate Davenport / Chris Blazer
- A suggestion that came from the Suggestion Box: “At opening and closing ceremonies have someone read a list of “honored dead”. – Those con members who have moved on to a new dimension. One way for all of us to keep our friends in our minds.” – We may do this next year.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: YEA!!!! We did GREAT! ConCom did great!! The hotel total was $2045 and Bob L. paid them on Tuesday. He gave a check to Joe for buying a new laminator. He gave a check to Nick and Joy Hunter for purchasing other random con-related items (he has the receipts for).
- ART: Heidi has finished her notes. Gross = $3,435 ($2,345 was paid out to artists). She definitely wants to do a school contest next year. They would like a different room next year if possible. One panel fell over but nothing was damaged. Having the miniatures in there did not work at all and one was broken. Need the miniatures to have a separate place next year (possibly in the gaming room under glass or plexi-glass (?)).
- MERCHANTS: Definitely need signs on doors for hours of operation. All the merchants pretty much made the amount back from their trip, etc. Need to seek out a new and different “jonra”(sp?) to put in the merchants room for next year (aka: costuming or something).
- GAMING: Need more tournaments. The demos were good. Want more game fairs during the year. The painting went really well. Need to have a Magic tournament next year. The HARN Larp worked well. Camarilla? Don’t know what’s up with them. LAN may be Underground Games (Brandon Brownlee) for next year, but we need to get in touch sooner with him.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Everything went fine except for the needing permission from the writer’s to put their work in the anthologies. The time slot was good for everyone. The critiquing went extremely well and everyone seemed to get what they needed out of it. They had enough time to do everything that they needed to.
- TREASURER: YEA!! We have “seed” money! Debits/credits – Needs to budget well in future years.
- VIDEO: James McGahee is the new video chair.
- SECURITY: Everything went smoothly enough. We did not have any non-con attendee problems. We definitely need more cameras next year. We only had two potential problems in the merchant’s room. Only had one Mook this year. There is a security uniform issue that will get worked out.
- REGISTRATION: We had 277 attendees! YEA! We definitely need a vice chair for registration next year. The merchandising was okay but we could do better. We need to have registration in the same spot next year.
- HOSPITALITY: Yea Mike and Karla!!!
- PROGRAMMING: Bob L. will be working on a schedule a.s.a.p.
- PROGRAM BOOK: nothing to report
- WEB: Bob N. wants the names matched to the pictures from the picture collages to put with the pictures on the website. The t-shirt prices were not right on the website but they will be.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy is not quite ready to give a full report about how the con went for her.
- MEDIA RELATIONS: nothing to report
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! A few things need work but overall everything seemed to go great.
- PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org