08/02/06 6:25 PM – 7:10 PM AT BARNES & NOBLE BY: SECRETARY - JOY HUNTER
BOB LOVELY, JOY & NICK HUNTER, BOB NORTON AND CATE DAVENPORT.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:25 p.m. by Bob Lovely.
- Minutes were accepted as written by all in attendance.
- Sentinel High School program books – Bob L. asked if we might want to advertise in their program books throughout the school year. There are different prices for different sizes. All in attendance think it is a good idea.
- Department Reports:
- CONCHAIR: The contract has been finalized. It is up to $900 from $850. Rooms are $75/$85. The discount schedule has changed from 60 rooms to 50 rooms required.
- ART: Heidi still needs Damon’s money for his artwork.
- MERCHANTS: Bob L. requests that he should be the only one able to invite merchants to come to con as he will know how many of that particular kind of vendor we will need/want in our merchants room. All agreed.
- GAMING: Game fair is August 27th at the public library. Game fairs will be at the UC in the future.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: Cate is working on the flyers. She wants to go to the classrooms to do presentations (or something like that).
- TREASURER: Please turn in your budgets, projected amounts and sources of income lists to Erik a.s.a.p.
- VIDEO: James is out shooting a film. Bob L. will talk to him.
- SECURITY: No real progress. Nick needs to do reviews and needs to have meetings with Reid and Earl.
- REGISTRATION: We need a Registration 2nd vice chair.
- HOSPITALITY: WE NEED A HOSPITALITY CHAIR. Mike and Carla are moving ?. Everyone please let Bob know if you know of someone that would be a good hospitality chair candidate.
- PROGRAMMING: Bob L. is working on a pre-schedule.
- PROGRAM BOOK: Damon gave Bob L. a sample program book and Bob L. should be emailing it or bringing a copy to a meeting to show ConCom. Damon will be emailing it to Bob N.
- WEB: Bob N. needs the new ConCom list and list of “chairs needed” to put on the website. PayPal still needs work for all the pre-regs to work. Nothing much has changed for a month.
- VOLUNTEERS/OPS: Joy needs a vice chair very soon. Plus other help for during the con.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: We need to do more flyers on campus and TV/radio spots. During the orientation week at the university we should have a booth/table set up. Discussion about doing the Messenger “free” ad. Bob L. said he will look into this. Other magazines include: Lively Times, Three Rivers and the Garden City News Mag. Bob will look into these also. Here’s an idea – Let’s do parades! Homecoming, St Patrick’s Day, Etc. Maybe also just walk around downtown in outfits with banners.
- COSTUME PAGEANT: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN COSTUME!! Chris Blazer had an idea she emailed Cate. “Do you want to be a super hero contest?” at Con – From the Sci-Fi Channel. Cate is re-doing the website write up. She wants to put more flyers up around campus etc.
- PLEASE EMAIL ANY AND ALL AGENDA ITEMS TO: email@example.com